About Last Night: The Lifestyle Blog!
In case you were out living a life of leisure, here’s what you missed in sports on Thursday.
Editor’s note: Today, About Last Night will be written by Sherwood Lyle, the famous lifestyle blogger who runs the site “Sherwood Style!”
Hello my darlings!! TGIF, am I right??? That means “Thank God It’s Friday.” LOL. Oh my, there were so many stories in sports last night. It’s times like these that I wish I did About Last Night posts all day in a nonstop feed. Wouldn’t that be great? But I know one person who wouldn’t like it — MY WIFE! LOOLOLOLLOLOL. You guys are too funny. OK, on to the news!
- Ray Felton scored 27 points and dished out seven assists as the Knicks dealt the Heat their first home loss of the season, winning 112-92. What do you guys think of basketball? Does the bouncing drive you crazy? Or is it OK because people are getting enjoyment out of a game? I think both opinions are correct.
- Notre Dame’s Manti T’eo won three awards at the Home Depot College Football Awards show last night, including two player of the year prizes. This was such good news, you guys! My seven-year-old son Ethan (we did natural birth, in a vintage bathub) just idolizes T’eo. He wears leis and insists that we hold luaus for every Notre Dame game. It’s so cute, and we never say no to him because that’s bad parenting. I know some people are offended by the apostrophe in Manti’s last name, but I think if you gave him chance you’d just adore him.
- Peyton Manning (310 yards passing) and Knowshon Moreno (119 yards rushing) led the Broncos to a 26-13 win over the Raiders. Maybe I like a good old-fashioned chuckle more than most people, but I still haven’t stopped laughing at Peyton Manning’s zany car commercial. Calling audibles inside a vehicle? That’s just too much! LOL.
- The NHL labor lockout is not going well. What are your favorite things to do with ice? My wife and I enjoy putting them in soft drinks to lower the temperature. Yum, cold soda! I know it’s tough in the current economy, but I think everyone should try this once. If you guys click on this link, you can see a great way to deal with all the cold weather we’ve been having. Also, I get $900 for every 10 people who click.
- The Steelers announced that Big Ben Roethlisberger will start at quarterback on Sunday, though he’ll be wearing kevlar-lined shoulder pads for protection. Which Big Ben would you guys prefer? The quarterback, or the clock in England? They both have their positives. One throws passes to adults, and one keeps time for an entire nation of ragged people who can’t afford their own clocks. My favorite clock? You guessed it, this lovely vintage antique we bought at a gypsy road show in Vermont! They told us it was cursed. We keep it in Ethan’s room. It terrifies him, you guys! It gives him severe night terrors. LOLOL.
- In one of college basketball’s most renowned rivalries, Doug McDermott scored 27 points to lead no. 16 Creighton to a 64-42 win over Nebraska. I have to say, of all my favorite states to ski, Nebraska isn’t one of them. I prefer Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Aspen, Colorado, or anywhere in Utah. Speaking of vacation, check out this de-lish picture of vintage apple pie! So yummy! I just want to smear it all over the face of a lover!
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that the league’s competition committee would consider ending kickoffs for safety reasons. This would be so sad, readers! I work at a computer for more than 21 hours each day, so I don’t have time to play with children, but my wife made our youngest son Huckleberry (born in a hospital due to medical issues, but we still made them use a vintage bathtub) a kicking tee from vintage Romanian black forest oak. It was so beautiful it made me cry, y’all! We never let him use it because it was so delicate, and that made him cry! What a great memory. Family is so important!
- NBA legend Dennis Rodman was held in contempt of court and must pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. So much money! What’s your favorite kind of money, readers? Is it a coin? Or paper currency? In some places with poor people, I have heard they barter for dead chickens! Cluck Cluck! LOL. I love you guys. Too funny.
- Chiefs running back Peyton Hillis said that Joe Thomas, the team’s former offensive tackle, was like a “crazy ex-girlfriend” after Thomas made disparaging comments about him. It’s almost Christmas, and I have to ask you guys what you’re getting for your little ones! (I know, I know, this post is already 650 words longer than normal! Sorry!) We’re getting Ethan a portable vintage urn made of Connemara marble. Don’t get us wrong; the wife and I don’t approve of the Irish (such angry little people!) but they make lovely stone. Ethan can use his urn for flowers, which we are teaching him to love, or the ashes of his dog Jeremiah when it dies. As for Huckleberry? At age 5, we think he’s still too young for Christmas.
OK, you guys, make sure to say something nice to another person today! I love when people say nice things. Maybe you’re like me and you love it, too. Or maybe you’re not. Either way, you’re the best!
Filed Under: About Last Night