Afternoon Links: Paula Deen Manages to Do Something Grosser Than Deep Frying Butter in Butter
Oh, PAULA. During a taped deposition last month, Paula Deen went on the record to admit that she’d used the n-word (“yes, of course”) and unfortunately, that’s not all. Radar Online reports that Deen wanted to hire black men to play slaves at a wedding, which is even crazier than eating deep-fried balls of butter and cream. Obviously this information immediately spawned a new Deen canon of crowd-sourced racist recipes, like “Separate But Equal Light & Dark Meat” and “Oh Lordy Pick a Bale o’ Cotton Candy.” This may be a good time for some comfort food.
- “(I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum” kinda speaks for itself.
- Just transported you back to your seventh-grade school dance.
- When I yodel, shawty yodel back.
- Headline of the day: Giant Snake Opens Doors, Nightmares.
- Lady Gaga nixed a Cher duet.
- The hundred-dollar sandwich and other GIF-able snippets from “We Can’t Stop.”
- Shailene Woodley’s Mary Jane scenes were cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- In life, there are no guarantees.
- R.I.P., Michael Hastings.
- “As soon as the first person wrote about me, the articles became just blatant, all-out lies. I consider it slander. If I cared more, I’d kill them.” —Lana Del Rey
- Gopher broke.
- Rick Moranis, bless him, sings the brisket and bris ballads you’ve always craved. Such a mitzvah.
- Looking back at the future.
- Oh, great! All of your problems have been solved by a 26-year-old!
More from Tess Lynch
More Channing Tatum
More Hollywood Prospectus
“He was concerned about the structure of my life, and now I’m concerned about the structure of his life. He’s getting fired from TV shows. He had about six fights since we left ‘30 Rock,’ you know. I’m worried about him. I mellowed out, my daughter mellowed me out, and I don’t get mad at anyone.” —Tracy Morgan on Alec Baldwin