Afternoon Links: Naomi Watts Is Diana
This trailer for Diana, starring Naomi Watts, is pretty cheeseballs with its emotional, swelling music, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be seeing this movie on opening day (whenever that is — the U.S. release date is TBA). Watts’s resemblance to the people’s princess is striking, maybe due to some very studied mascara acting, which requires a highly advanced technique. Tiara tip to you, girl.
- I don’t know why this Will and Jaden Smith interview for Thailand’s The Woody Show strikes me as being so funny. The smooshy dad-son mouth kiss? The strange echo chamber of the set? The host’s jacket? It’s kind of a perfect storm.
- Stop resisting, Dr. Wholen Mirren. The people have spoken.
- Sally Draper’s therapy bill is going to be substantial. But at least she didn’t audition for the role of “Stallone’s coke-addled brother” with black hair dye running down her face.
- They die so you can live. Related: “Dad brain” is at its best when pops tries to recall the names of the characters of Game of Thrones. Nice try with “Grandmother of Boobs Girl.”
- Good news for Portlandia fans: The show has gotten a two-season renewal.
- Get off Sebastien De La Cruz’s jock, racists!
- Fact-checking Kanye West’s New York Times interview. Rave on, ya nucleus.
- Never eating again.
- Megan Mullally, Jeffrey Tambor, and Will Forte join the cast of Trouble Dolls, “a comedy about co-dependence.”
- You crazy, Trebek!
- I don’t care what they say, I won’t stay on a site without #hashtags.
- Enjoy your giant, 200-pound pink bulldog sculpture, you robber degenerate. “Maybe somebody didn’t realize they were stealing artwork.” Uhhhh.
- Tempted to touch everything in Google Japan’s wackadoo office.
- You are the walrus. You are the egg man.