Afternoon Links: Aubrey Plaza Takes Over the Internet for a Day, Starting With This Sadly Fake Daria Trailer
It’s such a cruel joke when you see a parody of something that should be real, as is the case with Daria’s High School Reunion, starring Aubrey Plaza in the titular role. Thanks a lot, College Humor. You told me to “GET EXCITED” and I got excited. We need the remaining 115 minutes of this fake feature, like, real, real bad. Want to go deep into the Plaza like Eloise? GQ is happy to oblige with this interview spread, complete with an awkward I’m-biting-my-sweater-and-wearing-a-bikini photo and angry-masturbation chat.
- A collage of movie clips are singing your favorite song.
- Game of Thrones writers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff show the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia characters some mercy in a guest assignment: “Those guys are immortal in our minds. They’re like the Simpsons.”
- And then this chapter of the rape-joke conversation closed, because there was nothing left to say.
- Beanie Baby addiction was the nuttiest thing our generation ever witnessed.
- A catalogue of Woody Allen infographics, plus a collection of his vintage satire for The New Republic.
- But I need those eggs!
- How do I get flawless, Weinerbait cat-eye?
- It’s been awhile (four days) since we’ve had the occasion to say SPRANNNNG BREAAAAAAK.
- The Big Chill reunion is a reunception.
- Naked Juice was wearing invisible GMO clothes this whole time.
- You can’t emphasize the quotes around “Nirvana” enough here.
- Time to role-play with Kanye and croissants.
- Puddle of Gruddge.
- Walter White and the Pontiac Aztek.
- Even Beyoncé self-edits.
- Bubonic plague squirrel is here, but where is blood-squirting lizard?