Afternoon Links: Adam Levine Hates America
Sing it with me now: hot mic, hot mic, hot mic, hot mic. Adam Levine was caught saying “I hate this country” on The Voice after two singers on his team were voted home last night. Levine attempted to explain himself on Twitter by using the dictionary, but some people will not be pacified. Our nation and Honey Boo Boo are just too serious to be mocked or derided. What are you going to hate next, Levine? Back to the Future? Summer? Listen closely. The cicadas are singing “She Will Be Loved.”
- Your new U.N.C.L.E. is Superman.
- Cannes crime watch reaches magenta level. Alec Baldwin weighs in.
- Maybe the trick is to smoke crack while you’re playing the banjo with your sister.
- The evolution of Ethan Hawke.
- Neil Patrick Harris will host the Emmys in September, in addition to the Tony Awards on June 9. Look out, Mrs. Dalloway, a new host is coming for the throne. Related: more Tonys, Tonies, Tones.
- Adam Bernstein is set to direct FX’s limited series Fargo.
- I’m sure there is a good reason Oscar nominee Eric Roberts wants to be in Human Centipede 3. Perhaps he’s doing it for science.
- Who runs the world? Moms.
- The ladies of the dramatic roundtable.
- Saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp, and it read James Lipton’s a pimp. No, really. He was a pimp: “The French mecs didn’t exploit women. They represented them, like agents. And they took a cut. That’s how I lived.”