Afternoon Links: The People Demanded a Live-Action Family Guy Chicken Fight, and a Live-Action Family Guy Chicken Fight They Shall Have
Remember Ernie the Giant Chicken, Peter Griffin’s recurring nemesis in The Family Guy? Of course you do: He has appeared in 13 episodes. Now two stuntwomen, Jessie Graff and Tree O’Toole, have re-created the chicken fight in live-action form after sourcing enough funds (just under $3,000) from their Indiegogo campaign.
- Another happy crowdfunder is Spike Lee, having met his $1.25 million goal to produce a movie about “people’s addiction to blood.”
- Katie Couric can’t win. First she was shaded by Jennifer Aniston, and now she’s getting called out for being a phony on Kim Kardashian’s Instagram feed.
- Dodger fans booed Kanye.
- In an effort to win back the “Hollywood and pro sports” market from Tesla, Mercedes is pouring a billion dollars into pimping its S-class with features like seats that give you hot-stone massages.
- Steve Wozniak offers his two cents on Jobs.
- The mighty L.A. River before it was paved, winding its way through a pigeon farm in what would become Cypress Park.
- Hugh Jackman claims that rumors of a $100 million Wolverine deal are false. But I’m sure he can find a massage car to fit his budget, whatever it may be.
- “Adult men should not speak to others in the language of Big Dog T-shirts.”
- Charting Hitchcock.
- Prepare for a hostless VMAs.
- “Stop trying to make CornellFetch happen! It’s not gonna happen!”
- Sheep uprising in progress.
- Tramps like us, baby we were born to tour.
- An unreleased Bob Dylan track will grace the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack.
- Naming planets is now something you can do. #thepeoplesplanets
- Watch Donald Glover’s weird 25-minute short.
- Be safe this weekend. You never know when, or how, One Direction fans will strike.
Filed Under: Bruce Springsteen, Hugh Jackman, Kanye West, Loose Ends, One Direction
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Bruce Springsteen
Drake, Bruce Springsteen, and the Secret to Great Driving Songs
Show Me a Boss: The Use of Bruce Springsteen in ‘Show Me a Hero’
Listen, Does This Sound Familiar? On the Use of Music in ‘Wild’
‘B.S. Report’: Chuck Klosterman
Turn Off Your Brain and Enjoy Gaslight Anthem’s ‘Get Hurt’
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters