Afternoon Links: The People Demanded a Live-Action Family Guy Chicken Fight, and a Live-Action Family Guy Chicken Fight They Shall Have
Remember Ernie the Giant Chicken, Peter Griffin’s recurring nemesis in The Family Guy? Of course you do: He has appeared in 13 episodes. Now two stuntwomen, Jessie Graff and Tree O’Toole, have re-created the chicken fight in live-action form after sourcing enough funds (just under $3,000) from their Indiegogo campaign.
- Another happy crowdfunder is Spike Lee, having met his $1.25 million goal to produce a movie about “people’s addiction to blood.”
- Katie Couric can’t win. First she was shaded by Jennifer Aniston, and now she’s getting called out for being a phony on Kim Kardashian’s Instagram feed.
- Dodger fans booed Kanye.
- In an effort to win back the “Hollywood and pro sports” market from Tesla, Mercedes is pouring a billion dollars into pimping its S-class with features like seats that give you hot-stone massages.
- Steve Wozniak offers his two cents on Jobs.
- The mighty L.A. River before it was paved, winding its way through a pigeon farm in what would become Cypress Park.
- Hugh Jackman claims that rumors of a $100 million Wolverine deal are false. But I’m sure he can find a massage car to fit his budget, whatever it may be.
- “Adult men should not speak to others in the language of Big Dog T-shirts.”
- Charting Hitchcock.
- Prepare for a hostless VMAs.
- “Stop trying to make CornellFetch happen! It’s not gonna happen!”
- Sheep uprising in progress.
- Tramps like us, baby we were born to tour.
- An unreleased Bob Dylan track will grace the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack.
- Naming planets is now something you can do. #thepeoplesplanets
- Watch Donald Glover’s weird 25-minute short.
- Be safe this weekend. You never know when, or how, One Direction fans will strike.