Afternoon Links: Scott Disick, in the Role He Was Born to Play, Promotes Yeezus
In his latest Yeezus promotional projection, Kanye West re-creates the Huey Lewis scene from American Psycho with Scott Disick and Jonathan Cheban (nice casting, brah). Take a look at the garbled footage and then read about Kanye’s Kafkaesque imprisonment in the cell of his own celebrity: “As an artist, and as a critic of his own work, this causes a hunger artist intense dissatisfaction. Because he alone sees the direct connection between what’s going on inside of him and the work this leads him to produce. He feels like he is the only one who can really appreciate what a genius he is. Only he knows that his performance, which astounds the public, is a mediocre, effortless and compromised one.”
- Dave Chappelle and Flight of the Conchords‘ Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement will headline Funny or Die’s Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival. Sorry, no monster trucks.
- Girl Meets World has a series order, but I refuse to care unless First Morgan is included in the reunion. #teamfirstmorgan
- Netflix and DreamWorks Animation link arms and skip off into the sunset together to create “more than 300 hours of new programming.”
- Jon Gosselin’s “repulsive powers” as a brand killer.
- You must not know ’bout Dan, you must not know ’bout Dan.
- Nigella Lawson’s husband, Charles Saatchi, throttled her during a “playful tiff” at a restaurant. So that’s horrible.
- A Japanese emo band began a trend of eyeball-licking (“worming”). It’s not something you should pursue.
- Patton Oswalt has changed his tune about rape jokes. Meanwhile, the GOP is thinking up some zingers about abortion to win votes from snarky cools.
- Peggy Olson’s PR blast for SC&P.
- Blog-to-set Bad Advice From My Brother casts Reggie Watts, Miles Fisher, and Mike Castle.
- Baby E.E. Cummings made some doodles (cool rhino). Here they are.
- Troy McClure’s sizzle reel.
- Oof, Vice.
- Everything you always wanted to know about Rick Rubin: “I still think about magic all the time.”
Filed Under: Kanye West, Loose Ends, Mad Men, Netflix, Patton Oswalt, Scott Disick
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Kanye West
Travis Scott on New Fame, Past Accusations, and His Wild West Live Show
Videocracy: The Many Transgressions of the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
We Went There: Kanye West Fills in for Frank Ocean and Conquers FYF Fest
Kanye West’s Steve McQueen–Directed ‘All Day’ Video Makes Noise at the Museum
Dumber Than Your Average Bear
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters