‘The One I Love’ Trailer: Elisabeth Moss and Mark Duplass Are Up to Something Strange
Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss are both wonderful, but if you’re not into rom-coms, you’re not into rom-coms. Fortunately The One I Love — the feature debuts for director Charlie McDowell and writer Justin Lader — looks like a lot more than your average anything. Duplass and Moss play a couple being counseled by Ted Danson, and according to IMDb, that’s … the whole cast. It looks tricky to describe from there, especially with Indiewire’s blurb about there being “an intriguing premise we can’t really discuss here.”
Let’s see what the “perfect retreat” looks like, according to this intensely soundtracked trailer …
- There’s a house that should only be visited for 15 minutes the first time.
- Moss wonders if it’s “another … dimension, when you go through the door?”
- Duplass thinks it could be “some weird version of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?“
- Unless it’s just “an exercise in trust.”
- Or “one … planned … trap.”
- Moss asks Duplass if he understands how insane he sounds.
- And The Hollywood Reporter says it’s “a bump into the realm of Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze.”
Luckily you only have to wait till August 1, when The One I Love hits VOD two weeks before theaters, to find out what the deal is.