Afternoon Links: Tough Week? John Goodman Knows How You Feel
Thought I was going to lead with Paula Deen, didn’t you? Nope! Gonna bury her down below and hammer your consciousness with almost five minutes of John Goodman losing his shit instead. This week’s been heavy on apologies and way too light on yelling and indignation. Damn! [wall punch.] Ha! [Head slam, wall punch reprise.]
- Bats singing the Batman theme.
- Michael Jackson’s propofol infusions deprived him of REM sleep for a record-breaking 60 days.
- Amanda Bynes is collaborating with Waka Flocka Flame on an album. Crazy, or “crazy hot”?
- Mosquitoes, non-dairy creamer, and more behind-the-scenes trivia from Are You Afraid of the Dark?.
- A bittersweet homecoming. Related: looking forward to your 30s.
- “Hey, have you guys seen the Supermoon?” is what I will be doing all weekend.
- Give this trailer a hand: Jobs.
- The Community cast’s rejected audition tapes for The Way, Way Back.
- Showtime is developing a David Cross comedy.
- No “My Way”?!
- I don’t care if “remember when” is the lowest form of conversation: Do it, Rockapella.
- Moar literary biopix!
- Spike Jonze nixed Samantha Morton for ScarJo.
- Now for the Deen apologies, in small print: Paula stood up Matt Lauer on Today, then released her own apology videos, including a cryptically edited one (what was that about?). For the most part she seems to remain unforgiven, and the butter queen has lost her contract with the Food Network. Meanwhile, Kickstarter issued a mea culpa for allowing a misogynistic seduction guide to remain on its site, where the project fulfilled its fund-raising goal and pledged to donate $25,000 to anti-sexual violence charity RAINN. Now that’s how you do it.
Filed Under: Amanda Bynes, Community, Loose Ends, Michael Jackson
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Amanda Bynes
The Week in Gossip: Love Is in the Air. Swaggy and Iggy Love.
The Week in Gossip: Drake’s Tangled Stripper Web, and the Continued Misadventures of Amanda Bynes
The Week in Gossip: Shocker — the Clooney-Alamuddin Wedding Was Not Cheap
The Year in Insanity: Kanye, Sinead, Gaga, and the Looming Specter of Amanda Bynes
Girls in Hoodies Podcast: Gaga–Del Rey Beef, The Newsroom, and an Amanda Bynes Conspiracy Theory
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters