Afternoon Links: Howard Stern's Right-Hand Lady Discusses Cancer Treatment
Howard Stern’s sidekick Robin Quivers, with whom Stern has worked for three decades and has referred to as his “backbone” (“Doing a show without Robin is like cutting off my left arm. Or my right arm. Or maybe both”), revealed today that she has been undergoing 15 months of treatment for endometrial cancer and that she is now “cured.” Quivers, 61, worked from home almost the whole time, missing only two days on the show.
- Tina Fey will host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live, with our gal Miley set to host on October 5. Sorry, Lindsay. The universe still hates you, I guess.
- The New York Times, on it with the metaphors: constellations of directors and their favorite stars.
- Britney spent the weekend shooting a video for her upcoming single, “Work Bitch.” Here is a photo of her in a bikini, standing in a closet, with some words under it.
- Cat-pan America and Catman saved a feline.
- If you open the Dumpster lid, Mike Post will provide you with hold music.
- Jim Carrey teases Dumb and Dumber To(oth).
- Making out with Bill Murray.
- Long live Ja’mie King.
- Danny Huston joins American Horror Story: Coven, and Cynthia Nixon has been cast in Hannibal.
- Psychic manga!
- R. Kelly’s album Black Panties drops (hee hee) on November 11.
- The Seinfeldcast.
- Anticipating the inevitable.
- Jack Black’s Ghost Ghirls debuts.
- Good news for all of those “underserved” fancy men you know: The Style network is becoming the Esquire network.
- The collector’s edition of Breaking Bad is very snazzy indeed.