Afternoon Links: Howard Stern's Right-Hand Lady Discusses Cancer Treatment
Howard Stern’s sidekick Robin Quivers, with whom Stern has worked for three decades and has referred to as his “backbone” (“Doing a show without Robin is like cutting off my left arm. Or my right arm. Or maybe both”), revealed today that she has been undergoing 15 months of treatment for endometrial cancer and that she is now “cured.” Quivers, 61, worked from home almost the whole time, missing only two days on the show.
- Tina Fey will host the season premiere of Saturday Night Live, with our gal Miley set to host on October 5. Sorry, Lindsay. The universe still hates you, I guess.
- The New York Times, on it with the metaphors: constellations of directors and their favorite stars.
- Britney spent the weekend shooting a video for her upcoming single, “Work Bitch.” Here is a photo of her in a bikini, standing in a closet, with some words under it.
- Cat-pan America and Catman saved a feline.
- If you open the Dumpster lid, Mike Post will provide you with hold music.
- Jim Carrey teases Dumb and Dumber To(oth).
- Making out with Bill Murray.
- Long live Ja’mie King.
- Danny Huston joins American Horror Story: Coven, and Cynthia Nixon has been cast in Hannibal.
- Psychic manga!
- R. Kelly’s album Black Panties drops (hee hee) on November 11.
- The Seinfeldcast.
- Anticipating the inevitable.
- Jack Black’s Ghost Ghirls debuts.
- Good news for all of those “underserved” fancy men you know: The Style network is becoming the Esquire network.
- The collector’s edition of Breaking Bad is very snazzy indeed.
Filed Under: Britney Spears, Loose Ends, Miley Cyrus, R. Kelly, SNL, Tina Fey
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Britney Spears
After Several False Alarms, We Might Finally Be Meeting the Real Britney Spears
No One Will Ever Kill ‘American Gladiators’
The New Gathering of the Juggalos Infomercial Is Horrible and Wonderful
The Album Doctor Is Back
The Year of the Pop Wars: The Revenge of YONCE
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters