Afternoon Links: James Franco Egged My House
Once upon a time in 1992, a young James Franco egged a house. That’s just how young poets roll. The home belonged to the parents of the founder of the Bureau of Trade, a “curated digital marketplace” that now features a pinboard of sorts devoted to young Franco, with his apology letter as its centerpiece. The note is listed as “priceless,” perhaps because “the egg doesn’t come out easily,” but you can dress like a Palo Alto teenager while you read a fancy copy of Dennis the Menace for around $300.
- Scarlett Johansson is engaged to Romain Dauriac. Here is a photo of them smooching.
- The track list for Drake’s third album, Nothing Was the Same, is online for your perusal.
- David Cronenberg was behind the illumination of the Hollywood sign last month. He also “invented the use of stem cells.” And what have you done lately?
- Celebrating Gwar with an art exhibit retrospective. It’s a safe bet that everything in it could poke your eye out.
- I hope the DA’s office takes care of this A.$.A.P.
- Sarah Silverman’s obituary for her dog, Duck, is heart-wrenching, as all dog obituaries are.
- Harry Sniffles.
- DirecTV will be bringing you 10 shorts from Neil LaBute.
- Alec Baldwin’s MSNBC show is official, and will begin in October.
- Nice work, Gina Gershon, on capturing the essence of Donatella Versace’s face.
- Put it on the Goodyear blimp: Ice Cube is back for 22 Jump Street.
- Russell Brand goes off-book at the GQ Men of the Year awards: “If any of you know a little bit about history and fashion, you’ll know it was Hugo Boss (who) made the uniforms for the Nazis … The Nazis did have flaws, but they did look f**king fantastic, let’s face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality!”
- Corey Feldman is cyber-bullying the Vice writer who went to his birthday party.
- Video games for grandpa.
- Miley’s disembodied tongue in an array of different mouths.
Filed Under: Alec Baldwin, Ice Cube, James Franco, Loose Ends, Russell Brand, Sarah Silverman
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Alec Baldwin
Major Tom: ‘Rogue Nation’ and the Exhilarating Masochism (and Exasperating Narcissism) of Tom Cruise
The Three Movies Inside ‘Aloha’
Alec Baldwin Eyes ‘Mission: Impossible 5,’ an NFL Concussion Movie, and a New TV Show
Always-Belligerent Alec Baldwin Arrested for Bicycling Badly
Do You Like Prince Movies? Podcast: The Careers of Aaron Paul and Alec Baldwin
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters