Afternoon Links: Two and a Half Men Come Out, in Japan
If you always felt that the erotic subtext of Two and a Half Men needed to be explored in the context of Japanese television, you’re not alone. The Out Couple! parody is ready to shed light on the story of “two men in progressive America” (you know, “badgers from the same hole”) and the “sparkling feelings they kept deep inside their hearts.” Let us rejoice in “white creamy love wonderment.”
- Paul Giamatti joins Downton Abbey, “upset[s] the Grantham’s apple cart.”
- R.I.P. Gary David Goldberg, creator of Family Ties.
- A posthumous moonwalk at the wax museum. Speaking of wax museums, send these guys back to replica-making college.
- An ode to Miley’s booty.
- Weed Guy vs. Beer Guy.
- “What’s North of North? Nothing.”
- Accidental troll bait.
- That’s a weird-looking cat.
- An oral Exile.
- Headline of the day: “Egyptian Statue Mysteriously Spinning, Stargate To Open Shortly.”
- The “new math” of TV revenue.
- I will interpret this as the first clue that the Broadway holograms are coming.
Filed Under: Loose Ends, Two and a Half Men
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Loose Ends
‘Magic: The Gathering: The Movie’
Afternoon Links: The Newsroom Renewed for a Third and Final Season
Afternoon Links: Aaron Sorkin and Courtney Love Are Reportedly Seeing One Another Romantically
Afternoon Links: Sherlock’s Probably Sticking Around for Awhile
Afternoon Links: Muppets Most Wanted Finds a Way to Make a Must-Watch Teaser
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters