Afternoon Links: Things Might Not Go So Smoothly for Carrie and Brody in Homeland Season 3
The third season of Homeland has released its trailer. Its tone is working hard to drizzle on your fun Friday mood, so proceed with caution: “To Build a Home” is not the song you are going to want to bump on your drive out of the office today. “To Build a Home” is a Monday-morning sadjam. Brody’s daughter gets hounded by paparazzi, Carrie cries on a bed and contemplates her frown in a mirror, and someone’s hand caresses kitchen linoleum. Best served with a side of Abilify.
- No cronuts for you!: Emma Roberts’s fruitless quest for the most overrated baked good.
- Awww, don’t blame the bb.
- The Wizard of E.R.
- Thicke, blurrer of genres, wants to “make a country album, a Christmas album, a gospel album.”
- The park that made a cameo in (500) Days of Summer is closing because homeless people were “defecating in the space.”
- The Pixar casting roundup, plus how Blackfish changed the script of the Finding Nemo sequel.
- All of the angry orcas have been edited out of the Now You See Me sequel as well, I’m sure. It was originally titled Now You Sea Me, with Woody Harrelson playing a friendly magical manatee [Editor’s note: This is a lie].
- Those murderous Cranston boys!
- Exoskeletons, real and imagined.
- Werner Herzog made a documentary/PSA advising against texting and driving.
- Sorry you enjoyed your pizza.
- Netflix knows when you want to watch garbage. And pretty much everything else about you.
- A celebrity pencil.
- The The Hills alternate ending.
- The mysterious case of the purple pedicure. Nancy Drew, what you got?
- Enjoy the Perseid meteor shower this weekend! Choose your soundtrack wisely. Keep the spaceballs up because ain’t no coming down, set your eyes on fire with flashing lights, or think about the enormity of the universe and all of the strange album covers it has given us. Resist the obvious. There’s no fun in that.