Afternoon Links: The Leaked Kanye West VMA Rant Blowing Up the Internet
How are you enjoying your Summer of Kanye? The most recent nucleus-centric news item is this audio tape of West from 2009, secretly recorded while he was having dinner on the night of his infamous mic-snatch at the VMA’s (how tacky and sneaky of you, eavesdropper!). The snippet is as dramatic as you’d expect, and transcribed with exclamation points because he “fuckin’ care[s]!” and “Taylor Swift cannot beat Beyoncé. As long as I’m alive! And if I’m alive, kill me then! Kill me then!” Does it make sense? Not particularly, but I get why he was upset that Pink performed twice and nobody asked West to take the stage for a performance of “Heartless.” Talking talking talking talk, baby let’s just knock it off.
- “It’s not hard to do, Larry, it’s more about the rhythm of it all.” — Snoop Lion helps Larry King rap about his favorite things
- The ancient remains of a big-nosed dino were found in Utah.
- The holy trinity: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- A boy’s best friend is his mother’s eye.
- New Kings of Leon sounds like old Kings of Leon.
- Why, Netflix? Why??
- Peter Griffin’s and Homer Simpson’s worlds are about to collide.
- Desperately seeking Damon in Morocco.
- I’m just desperately seeking more vampire graves.
- “Hey Diva. This is a ray. I was a question about hello Pucket emus.”
Filed Under: Loose Ends