Afternoon Links: Prince’s ‘Breakfast Can Wait’ Video Goes Light on the Bacon and the Chappelle
Actually, it flings the bacon straight off the table and leaves Chappelle at home in order to get to dancier places more apropos for an earnest homage to a.m. fornication. It’s a perfect jumping-off point for people who are pro-Prince but haven’t figured out exactly what’s going on with the tweets — nothing but a smooth Prince jam, some choreography, and abundant lyrical allusions to sex here.
- Another sexy, highly watchable video: Janelle Monáe’s “PrimeTime,” featuring Miguel. Sooooo good.
- Kumar Pallana, 94-year-old mainstay of Wes Anderson’s films, died yesterday. Here’s a great interview to remember him by.
- Meg Ryan is producing and starring in an NBC sitcom from the writer of Miss Congeniality. Justin Long’s doing an NBC show, too.
- Eminem’s Marshall Mathers LP2 track list is here. He’s got Rihanna again, he’s got Kendrick, he’s got the singer from fun., he’s got numerous “Not Afraid”–ish motivational speaker–y sounding song titles.
- Brewery Ommegang’s new Game of Thrones beer is a red ale and it’s all about dragons.
- They’re giving Walter White a funeral, sort of.
- Harrison Ford has “not quite made the choice” to play Han Solo again. That seems to indicate he’s definitely wanted for Episode VII, though, no?
- This Seth Rogen stoner movie will be “a Christmas party movie, or a Christmas movie for stoners,” says Jonathan Levine (50/50, Warm Bodies).
- Rick Ross will drop Mastermind a week before Christmas; there’s a trailer.
- Emma Watson and The Perks of Being a Wallflower author/director Stephen Chbosky may make another movie together.
- These five new teasers for HBO’s True Detective are very short and teasery, but we’ve got a long while until we get to see this beast. Give us whatever. Give us buttons to wear.
- And three rare Nirvana interviews from the very early ’90s emerged from the earth. There’s audio.