Afternoon Links: Breaking Bad's Back, You Heard?
It’s a lonely day for the handful of humans who aren’t watching Breaking Bad. The final season’s second-half premiere numbers almost doubled those of the Season 5 premiere, hooking 5.9 million pairs of eyeballs (the parties thrown in the show’s honor looked … interesting!), and now we’re all caught up in the aftermath: reviewing Badger’s Star Trek monologue (and animating it), MythBusting, and just enjoying the sweet climax that comes after so much Internet buzz buildup.
- A picture of Justin Bieber from Thanksgiving 2012, holding a guitar to conceal his genitals during a serenade for his grandmother, has been dropped out of a time machine drone.
- Stream the new Superchunk here, if you please.
- World War Z is Brad Pitt’s highest-grossing film.
- “Smash Mouth is what would have happened if Limp Bizkit made love to a Lisa Frank poster. In theory, that sounds kind of amazing. In practice, it is not.” —The 15 Most Hated Bands of the Last 30 Years
- You’re tumbling, it’s humbling, you’re falling, you’re mumbling.
- “They bite because they’re hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouth.”
- Baby got plans for retirement: Happy 50th, Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- Are you there, @God? I’m trapped in a church. See also: Good luck making the Twitter Party Suite the place to be.
- Garcelle Beauvais wrote a book for mixed-race kids.
- Here’s Jorma Taccone in a Haim music video.
- The Onion is always punking you.
- Blender of genres (Lincoln/vampires, Austen/zombies) Seth Grahame-Smith gets a put pilot commitment from NBC for his prison drama Paradise.
- Does my ass look terrifying in this Evil Dead Necronomikini? If this is the link to ring your bells, feel free to check out the NSFW gallery from Fetish Heat.
- The tight-knit pack of Bret Easton Ellis’s imaginary friends.
- Leno’s final show is scheduled for February 6.
- Dads at One Direction concerts: How did they forget their iPads?
Filed Under: Loose Ends
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Loose Ends
‘Magic: The Gathering: The Movie’
Afternoon Links: The Newsroom Renewed for a Third and Final Season
Afternoon Links: Aaron Sorkin and Courtney Love Are Reportedly Seeing One Another Romantically
Afternoon Links: Sherlock’s Probably Sticking Around for Awhile
Afternoon Links: Muppets Most Wanted Finds a Way to Make a Must-Watch Teaser
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters