World Series 2011: Meet Your St. Louis Cardinals!
- Chris Carpenter – Perhaps seeking to capitalize on the baseball player’s fame, a winemaker named Chris Carpenter makes a wine called “Cardinale.” The actual Chris Carpenter has the world’s most boring quotations page.
- Jaime Garcia – also the name of a cigar maker, who is probably not trying to capitalize on the baseball player’s fame.
- Edwin Jackson – Was born in Germany. His memories appear to be limited to: “The rich food. The snow. And a lot of castles.”
- Kyle Lohse – Once took a bat to then-manager Ron Gardenhire’s office door, leading to the headline: “Lohse’s future in doubt after damaging door, self”.
- Jake Westbrook – Shares a love of horizontal stripes with his family.
- Yadier Molina – According to my trusted sources, “The tattoos on Yadier Molina’s neck are personal to him and he doesn’t talk about them to the media.”
- Albert Pujols – Recorded a perfect score on his citizenship test.
- Nick Punto – has shown interest in doing ads for herpes medication.
- David Freese – Keeps a Batman mask in his locker for good luck.
- Rafael Furcal – Finally came clean about his real age, which turned out to be older than previously believed—while being charged with underage drinking.
- Matt Holliday – This year had to have both his appendix and a moth removed from his person.
- Jon Jay – Is the best baseball bat swordfighter in the MLB.
- Lance Berkman – Once said of his nickname-sake, Fat Elvis “I think any great performer or athlete has to have a little bit of a gut to be great.”
Previously: 11 Fun Facts About the Rangers
Follow Grantland on Twitter or check out Grantland’s Facebook page.
Read more of The Triangle, Grantland’s sports blog.
Contact us at email@example.com