Fantasy Island Official Rules and Terms of Submission
Grantland Fantasy Football Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID
WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These are the Official Rules for the Grantland Fantasy Football Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Grantland.com (“Sponsors”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older as of entry date. All employees of Sponsors, their parent company, affiliates, franchisees and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. ENTRY: To enter the Contest email an original article of no more than 750 words describing your top five fantasy players of the 2012 football season along with one, and only one, sleeper for the season, and why you picked each of them (the “Submission”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, home address, email address and phone number along with your Submission. For purposes of notifying the Finalists, entries that do not include complete contact details will not be considered. Submissions must be received by August 24, 2012 to be eligible for consideration by the judges. The Finalists will go on to compete in the 2012-13 Grantland Fantasy Football League, and will be put through a series of fantasy football-writing tests throughout the season in order to determine the Contest Winner. Criteria for determining the Contest Winner will be set by Sponsor and may include points-based judging, Facebook Fan voting, and/or other points-based criteria. Sponsors may use your Submission online, in print, on television or in any other forms of media, in connection with the Contest. Your submission may be cut, edited and/or added to for any reason and in any manner which Sponsors determine. You are not guaranteed to receive any further consideration of any kind for your Submission and any credit you receive in connection with the use of your Submission shall be in the Sponsors’ sole discretion
3. JUDGING: Submissions will be judged by the editors of Grantland.com who will select 10-12 “Finalists.” The decision of the judges is final. Finalists will be notified on or about August 27, 2012.
4. PRIZE: At the end of the season, the Finalist receiving the highest number of points will be the “Contest Winner.” The Contest Winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The Contest Winner will be offered a one-year contributor contract to write about fantasy football for Grantland.com (the “Prize”).
5. REPRESENTATIONS: You represent and warrant that (i) your entire Submission is an original work by you and you have not copied or used other works or other third party materials in your Submission; (ii) your Submission will not infringe or violate any rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, privacy or publicity, or contractual rights, or constitute idea misappropriation; (iii) your Submission has never been previously published; (iv) you are over 18 years of age and are legally qualified for employment in the United States.
6. BACKGROUND CHECK: Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of any Finalist or the Contest Winner, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, youshall authorize this background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor. In that regard, you will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a Finalist or the Contest Winner based on the background check, and select an alternate.
7. RELEASE/PERMISSION: By entering, you agree to: (1) release the
Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related companies, and franchisees, and any of their employees, officers, members, directors and agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from your participation in the Contest and the acceptance, possession and use/misuse of any prize; (2) be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and the judges; (3) be contacted by email, phone or mail; and (4) complete any agreements, authorizations, release forms and waivers as Sponsor may require. By accepting a prize or Finalist position, Finalists and Contest Winner consent to the use of his/her name and likeness for potential advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media worldwide.
7. SPONSORS: Grantland.com.
© 2012 Grantland.com.
GRANTLAND.COM “GRANTLAND FANTASY FOOTBALL” CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION GOVERN ALL SUBMISSIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”).
As used herein, the term “Submission” means any and all written articles you submit in connection with the Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: You represent that you are a legal resident of the United States and at least 13 years old at the time of entry.
2. ORIGINALITY: You represent and warrant that (i) your entire Submission is an original work by you and you have not copied or used other works or other third party materials in your Submission (except those approved by the Sponsor), including any music; (ii) your Submission will not infringe or violate any rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, privacy or publicity, or contractual rights, or constitute idea misappropriation; and (iii) you have all the rights, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission in accordance with this Agreement and for use of the Submission by Grantland.com (“Grantland”) in all means and media. You further represent and warrant that anyone engaged by you in the creation of the Submission (x) has no claims for payment of any kind; (y) has no approval or consultation rights or any rights of participation; and (z) was not engaged by you or anyone associated with the Submission under any union or guild agreement that would result in any ongoing obligations resulting from the exploitation of the Submission. Upon request, you will provide Grantland with signed releases as it may deem necessary in its sole discretion. You further represent and warrant that your Submission does not violate any federal, state or local law or regulation.
3. NO PAYMENT FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION: You understand that you will not be paid any money for submitting your Submission or for agreeing to the terms set forth in this Agreement.
4. RIGHTS GRANTED: By submitting your Submission, you hereby irrevocably grant Grantland, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users including, without limitation, advertisers/sponsors directly associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Licensed Entities”), without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, re-distribute, copy, host, store, cache, archive, index, categorize, comment on, broadcast, stream, edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform such Submission, in whole or in part (including, without limitation, all names, voices and likenesses contained in the Submission), in all means and media now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you or to any third party and with or without attribution. Nothing in this Agreement obligates or may be deemed to obligate any of the Licensed Entities to use your Submission. You acknowledge that your Submission may be cut, edited and/or added to for any reason and in any manner which the Licensed Entities may, in their sole discretion, determine and may, to the extent decided by the Licensed Entities in their sole discretion, have sound effects, music, host voiceovers and/or other elements added to the Submission, and that the Licensed Entities may use and modify the Submission or any portion or element of it and combine it with other materials. You further acknowledge that your consideration for entering into this Agreement is, among other things, Grantland’s or its designees’ review of your Submission in connection with the Contest, the possibility of your Submission being published on one or more of Grantland’s (or Grantland’s affiliates’) media platforms and the possible publicity and promotion as a result. You are not guaranteed to receive any further consideration of any kind for your Submission and any credit you receive in connection with any of the Licensed Entities’ use of your Submission shall be in the applicable Licensed Entity’s sole discretion. You acknowledge that your Submission is sent voluntarily, and not in confidence, and that no confidential relationship is intended or created between Grantland and you or between any of the Licensed Entities and you by virtue of the submission of your Submission. You further acknowledge that Grantland or the Licensed Entities may develop information internally or receive information from other parties that is similar to your Submission. Accordingly, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a representation or agreement that Grantland and the Licensed Entities have not or will not develop or have developed ideas, concepts, products, systems or techniques that are similar to or compete with any ideas, concepts, products, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in your Submission. You further acknowledge that in the event of a breach of this Agreement by Grantland or any third party including any of the Licensed Entities, the damage, if any, caused to you will not entitle you to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief, and you will not have the right to enjoin the production, exhibition, distribution or any other exploitation of the Submission by any Licensed Entity.
5. GENERAL: This Agreement cannot be modified or waived except in writing signed by the party to be charged. The terms of this Agreement and its performance will be binding on you and your administrators, successors and assigns. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the other provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement without Grantland’s prior written consent; any unauthorized assignment will be null and void. The Licensed Entities shall have the unlimited right to assign this Agreement and the rights granted by you under this Agreement at any time, in whole or in part, to any person or entity. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and the laws of the United States of America without giving effect to any choice of law or conflicts of law rules. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the state or federal courts situated in New York County, New York state, i.e., Manhattan. You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND YOUR OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, THE RIGHTS THAT YOU ARE GRANTING HEREIN AND THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES YOU HAVE MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT.