Afternoon Links: Oscar, Ashton, and Dawson
That putrid, dubious carrot of an awards show is coming. Did you hear? Did you know? Are you prepared? Have you studied so you don’t suffer a heart attack when you see Jack Nicholson present? Or are you a hater? Don’t be a hater. We’ll have so much talking to do about the Oscars on Monday here at Grantland. You don’t want to feel left out of all this incredibly important talking.
- Afghanistan’s bootleg copy of Arrested Development, with androids and Flintstones.
- Ashton Kutcher’s May-December reality show, after three years of hobbling down the hallways of development with a cane, is (finally? I don’t mean that) coming to TV Land.
- Dawson to play a “sarcastic and cynical” OB-GYN. Everything you want in your down-low doctor.
- This is my favorite Pope rumor so far.
- No job, no children, no more. Here is Wiz Khalifa and his baby, “The Bash.”
- More babies: Pauly Shore interviewing tiny Bruno Mars.
- Google doodles a happy birthday to Edward Gorey.
- This Banksy rumor was just a pranksy.
- Do you care about the sequester? How about now?
- The only person who was disappointed when Pan Am was canceled.
- Was Hitler Ill? and other weird book titles vying for your vote.
- Those who can’t curl, teach.
- Aaaaand it’s the weekend. Swish.