Afternoon Links: Oscar, Ashton, and Dawson
That putrid, dubious carrot of an awards show is coming. Did you hear? Did you know? Are you prepared? Have you studied so you don’t suffer a heart attack when you see Jack Nicholson present? Or are you a hater? Don’t be a hater. We’ll have so much talking to do about the Oscars on Monday here at Grantland. You don’t want to feel left out of all this incredibly important talking.
- Afghanistan’s bootleg copy of Arrested Development, with androids and Flintstones.
- Ashton Kutcher’s May-December reality show, after three years of hobbling down the hallways of development with a cane, is (finally? I don’t mean that) coming to TV Land.
- Dawson to play a “sarcastic and cynical” OB-GYN. Everything you want in your down-low doctor.
- This is my favorite Pope rumor so far.
- No job, no children, no more. Here is Wiz Khalifa and his baby, “The Bash.”
- More babies: Pauly Shore interviewing tiny Bruno Mars.
- Google doodles a happy birthday to Edward Gorey.
- This Banksy rumor was just a pranksy.
- Do you care about the sequester? How about now?
- The only person who was disappointed when Pan Am was canceled.
- Was Hitler Ill? and other weird book titles vying for your vote.
- Those who can’t curl, teach.
- Aaaaand it’s the weekend. Swish.
Filed Under: Loose Ends, Oscars
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Loose Ends
‘Magic: The Gathering: The Movie’
Afternoon Links: The Newsroom Renewed for a Third and Final Season
Afternoon Links: Aaron Sorkin and Courtney Love Are Reportedly Seeing One Another Romantically
Afternoon Links: Sherlock’s Probably Sticking Around for Awhile
Afternoon Links: Muppets Most Wanted Finds a Way to Make a Must-Watch Teaser
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters