Afternoon Links: Every Famous Person in the World in a Single Lip-Dub Video
Top YouTube comment on Bonnie McKee’s star-studded lip-dub video: “This is how I’d like my world to be. Different creeds, colors, ages, genres, and at least one drag queen, all having a good time together.” Way to derive meaning from a song about adult Slurpees and organ-dispensing vending machines! The future is bright.
- It’s been sort of a busy 24 hours, right? Ding-dong, DOMA’s dead: More free booze and catering for the world. Rejoice, Hollywood! You did your part! Or you can go ahead and sulk, I guess, depending on your politics. I’ll eat those caviar-topped canapés if you don’t want them. There are plenty of ways to burn off the calories in these eventful times. And they certainly have been eventful. Enjoy your hangover. You’ve earned it.
- The Has-Deen or the never-was appeared on the Today Show. She cried.
- “It’s 1969. Ted returns to New York and takes Peggy and Don for a ride in his plane. When they encounter a freak snow storm, Peggy and Don believe that they are going to die, but then they don’t.” —And 14 other predictions for Mad Men‘s final season
- Pretty glad SNL dug this Bieber sketch (“the greatest train wreck ever”) out of the garbage pail. If all else fails, Bieber has proven that he can play Leif Garrett in a biopic down the line.
- Way to make it awkward.
- I can think of three Jonases who might be available.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 forever.
- Mermaid guy gets a promotion.
- Hey you, you got some Goop on your face.
- A 58-page PDF instructs you how to take a vacation.
- I’ve hacked up/a Twitter/for Daddy.
- “Page Six,” never stop pumping out that sweet prose.
Filed Under: Justin Bieber, Loose Ends, Mad Men, SNL
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Justin Bieber
Songs of the Week: The Return of Adele
Born Again: A Humbler Justin Bieber Returns to the Pop Charts (and Religion)
Songs of the Week: Bieber Peaking, Carly Rae Evolving, and Pharrell Making No Sense
‘The Juliet Show’: Alan Thicke on Canadians in Hollywood, Drake, and His Dating Advice for Leonardo DiCaprio
Mayweather-Pacquiao: A Sad Morning in Manila
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters