The latest film is Holy Grail: The T206 Honus Wagner from Nick and Colin Barnicle. The T206 Honus Wagner is the most famous baseball card in the world. Bought and sold many times over, the copy once owned by Wayne Gretzky has now appreciated to nearly $3 million. But, this gem may have been doctored. From mere speculation, the accusations of alteration have risen all the way to federal indictments. But this is still “just” a baseball card. It is a small square in the tapestry of our national pastime. And, as the art world readily illustrates, it may be that no matter what was done or not done to “The Card,” its value really does lie in the eye of the beholder.
• Disdain the Mundane, directed by Nelson George »
• Ali: The Mission, directed by Amani Martin »
• The Arnold Palmer, directed by Bryan Gordon »
• Jake, directed by Jonathan Hock »
• Arnold’s Blueprint, directed by Michael and Jeff Zimbalist »
• Here Now, directed by Eric Drath »