Afternoon Links: Revisit a John Ford Classic With Martin Scorsese
Here is Martin Scorsese reviewing The Searchers: “I go back to The Searchers all the time. A few years ago, I watched it with my wife, and I will admit that it gave me pause. Many people have problems with Ford’s Irish humor, which is almost always alcohol-related.”
- Justin Bieber (whose pants slippage I can no longer handle — I think the naked bootychills are affecting his health) threatens to beat the fook out of a paparazzi. To be fair: I would probably also want to beat the fook out of this paparazzi. Mind your manners, dude.
- Mutiny in SimCity!
- Brett Ratner wins a gold star for damage control and earns himself a GLAAD award.
- Shawn Hatosy, a.k.a. Southland’s Sammy Bryant, has been cast in CBS’s Reckless. I am so nervous about Southland’s future. It’s so good, even though most of the criminals stew their skulls and beat their prostitutes in strangely spotless architectural homes. That doesn’t seem accurate, but I don’t care. Save Southland! DO IT NOW! [Shakes fist at gods.]
- “Slash rocked the Angry Birds Space theme like only he could!”
- Can we blame the fermented grasshoppers?
- This Zelda cake is someone’s greatest work.
- Selling VHS tapes of porn door-to-door is actually kind of whimsical.
- Christina Hendricks takes on Joan Didion’s A Book of Common Prayer.
- Weird old pics at the new National Geographic Tumblr page: fuzzy cows, spiral water slides, and pony parking meters of the past.
- Keep doing you, Snoop Lion.
- Math is hard. So is making a Wizard of Oz movie.
- Domino’s + Hatsune Miku + Scott Oelkers’s embarrassing inflection (“Have you heard of Hatsune MikoOoOo??”) = badvertising.
- I dare do all that may become a bot; who dares do more, is none.
- Shakeup at The View. Happy International Women’s Day!
- HEY GUYS FOUND YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND.
Filed Under: Christina Hendricks, Justin Bieber, Loose Ends, Martin Scorsese, Snoop Lion
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Christina Hendricks
‘Mad Men’ Power Rankings: Episode 714, ‘Person to Person’
‘Mad Men’ Power Rankings, Episode 713: ‘The Milk and Honey Route’
‘Mad Men’ Power Rankings, Episode 712: ‘Lost Horizon’
‘Mad Men’ Power Rankings, Episode 710: ‘The Forecast’
Sterling Cooparound: Celebrating the Supporting Characters of ‘Mad Men’
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters