• The Death’s-head of Wimbledon, Part 1
Strangeness in strawberry and cream at the All England Club.
• The Death’s-head of Wimbledon, Part 2
Infiltrating the Apparatus only to watch Rafa lose.
• The Death’s-head of Wimbledon, Part 3
Toilet evaluations, stampeding elderly ladies, and further adventures in reporting.
• The Death’s-head of Wimbledon, Part 4
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, and Independence Day at the All England Club.
• The Death’s-head of Wimbledon, Part 5
The triumph of Federer and the end of everything else.
MORE FROM WIMBLEDON
• Crying in the Wilderness
Louisa Thomas on tennis, Title IX, and pride after an emotional Wimbledon weekend.
• In the Twilight on the Grass
Louisa Thomas examines Venus Williams and Kim Clijsters as they negotiate the ends of their historic careers.
• Wimbledon’s Golden Girl
Louisa Thomas on Yaroslava Shvedova’s perfect set.
• Only in Dreams
Louisa Thomas on Lukas Rosol’s upset of Rafael Nadal.
• Black Out
Wesley Morris on Roger Federer’s uncharateristically ugly Wimbledon style.
• Wimbledon Shoppe Talk
What to buy at the 2012 Lawn Tennis Championships.