Welcome back to our 30 for 30 documentary short series.
In the spring of 1985, Sports Illustrated profiled the latest prospect of the New York Mets farm system: Sidd Finch, a Harvard dropout who spoke 10 languages, played the French horn, wore one hiking boot … and threw 168 mph. If it sounds too good to be true, that’s because it was. Finch was an elaborate hoax constructed by the late George Plimpton for SI’s April 1 issue. Unhittable brings back all of the people who made this hoax possible, including Joe Berton, the bespectacled middle school teacher who truly brought Sidd to life.
Recent 30 for 30 Shorts
• The Billion Dollar Game, directed by Nick Guthe »
• An Immortal Man, directed by Josh Koury and Myles Kane »
• The Sweat Solution, directed by David Beilinson and Neil Amdur »
• Student/Athlete, directed by Ken Jeong »
• Robbed, directed by Eric Drath »
• Our Tough Guy, directed by Molly Schiot »