Abandon all hope ye who enter here. But don’t abandon your reading glasses. This is terrible; the labor dispute between the NBA and its players is now moving out of the negotiating room and into the court room.
Grantland has been covering the NBA lockout pretty much since the site launched. So we’ve put together a collection of selected works of the site’s lockout coverage. Check out the links below:
- Bill Simmons tries to solve the lockout on his own.
- Bill Simmons and Jay Kang invent a renegade basketball league, The Oracle.
- Bill Simmons mourns the possibility of a lost NBA season.
- Bill Simmons gets mad about the possibility of a lost NBA season.
- If you want to find out how we got to this depressing place, read Jonathan Abrams’ awesome lockout timeline.
- Jonathan Abrams writes on what a compressed NBA season would look like (we’re basically praying for this now).
- For an illuminating look at Billy Hunter, one of the major characters in this drama, check out Abrams’ in-depth feature on the man.
- For a more numbers-based look at the lockout, we’ve had some economists chime in with their takes. Tyler Cowen and Kevin Grier wrote about the fiscal realities of the lockout and the nature of the negotiations.
Follow Grantland on Twitter or check out Grantland’s Facebook page.
Read more of The Triangle, Grantland’s sports blog.
Contact us at email@example.com