The Veronica Mars effect: Pushing Daisies‘s Bryan Fuller and Zachary Levi of Chuck are hmmm-ing about Kickstarting movie projects based on VM’s recent success. Joss Whedon, on the other hand, is kinda bizzay: “I’m booked up by Marvel for the next three years, and […] I haven’t even been able to get Dr. Horrible 2 off the ground because of that. So I don’t even entertain the notion of entertaining the notion of doing this, and won’t. Couple years from now, when Nathan [Fillion]’s no longer [on] Castle and I’m no longer the Tom Hagen of the Marvel Universe and making a giant movie, we might look and see where the market is then. But right now, it’s a complete non-Kickstarter for me.”
- Tara Reid seems fine! She’s just letting her toes breathe!
- SNL‘s Rosetta Stone sketch may have been someone else’s bright idea.
- Eighty-four-year-old composer Ennio Morricone, who contributed to the soundtrack of Django Unchained, both Kill Bill movies, and Inglourious Basterds, doesn’t get Tarantino. “Tarantino is frustrating to work with, Morricone said, observing that the two-time Oscar winner ‘places music in his films without coherence’ and ‘you can’t do anything with someone like that.'” Let’s wish better luck to Jay-Z and Baz Luhrmann.
- Divergent casts Theo James as Four.
- I don’t generally endorse name-calling, but I’d probably also call someone “Ugly McCrazy Shirt” if they stole my iPad and sent their selfies to my phone via iCloud.
- Hey, Lazarus Project: Good work on resurrecting the creepiest, nature’s-meme-iest frog ever. Now give us our Giant Ground Sloths and Squonks.
- Nick Offerman’s NSFW Somebody Up There Likes Me promo awaits you after you leave the office.
- Everyone in the world wants to be Tina Fey’s career counselor.
- My Strange Addiction, I just can’t handle you: “‘I like to drink blood when I’m reading, when I’m relaxing, when I’m watching TV, when I’m painting,’ she explains. ‘There’s never a bad time for me to drink blood.'”