World Series: 11 Fun Facts About the Texas Rangers
- Matt Harrison – He gets cryogenically frozen sometimes.
- Derek Holland – His nickname is “Dutch Oven”
- Colby Lewis – He broke a barrier of some kind by being the first player to take paternity leave.
- C.J. Wilson – No longer feuding with Lance Berkman.
- Mike Napoli – Attempted to resolve his defensive deficiencies by getting a bigger glove.
- Michael Young – I’m pretty sure he rescinded his pre-season trade demands to avoid disappointing this 3-year-old.
- Adrian Beltre – Is a two-time Gold Glove winner.
- Elvis Andrus – Said of Derek Holland’s mustache, “It is ugly and the worst ever.”
- Endy Chavez – Has a brother named Ender Chavez.
- Josh Hamilton – Has “Hambone” tattooed on his left arm.
- Nelson Cruz – He got his nickname, “Boom Stick” from a video game ad.
Read more of The Triangle, Grantland’s sports blog.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Actually, the last thing we shot with Matthew [McConaughey], which was really great because we got to surprise him, was from episode seven when Marty’s watching the video tape Rust stole from the Tuttle house and Matthew has his back to Woody. We start rolling and I keep it going and we gather the entire crew right outside the storage unit. We slammed the doors open, which kind of shocked him for a second, and then the whole crew was there to clap for him. It was pretty awesome.”