Frankie Has a Stroke, Hobbit Fans Have Nausea, and at Least Two People’s Heads Are on Fire
- It is now being reported that Malcolm in the Middle star Frankie Muniz suffered a “mini-stroke” last Friday in Arizona — he was rushed to the hospital by friends after reportedly “acting really weird” and having difficulty speaking and understanding words. The cause of the stroke is still unknown, and Muniz is currently undergoing several tests. ”Have to start taking care of my body! Getting old!” Muniz tweeted today. Meanwhile, at the Fountain of Youth, fellow 26-year-olds Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes be chillin’.
- Advance screenings of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey are reportedly causing dizziness and nausea due to Peter Jackson’s controversial and much-ballyhooed increased frame rate of 48 fps, with one reviewer comparing the hyper-real visuals to either “daytime soaps in HD,” ”the opening POV shot of Dinosaurs,” or “Faerie Tale Theater circa 1985, only in amazingly sharp clarity and with hobbits.”
- The first trailer for Upstream Color, Shane Carruth’s follow-up to 2002′s Primer, has officially dropped. If you know what that is, you probably aren’t reading this anymore.
- Diplo is recording a single with Psy and 2 Chainz, which takes care of that whole “What will be the no. 1 song of 2013?” dilemma pretty tidily.
- Hey, magicians: Next time someone offers to fly you down to the Dominican Republic to be on a highly rated television program, make sure that the host isn’t going to set you on fire with magical witch doctor Santeria cologne. (The video at the bottom is not for sensitive viewers, but does make a nice companion piece to that Upstream Color trailer.)
- Relax, Kate Middleton: Your first royal baby officially has Snooki’s blessing.
- It turns out that Justin Timberlake was a pageant kid. Do you even need to ask if there are GIFs?