Afternoon Links: When Walking Dead Bit Players Attack!
Actress Shannon Richardson (The Walking Dead) has been arrested on charges that she sent ricin-laced threats to President Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Richardson had initially contacted authorities to say that she’d found “suspicious materials” in her fridge and claiming that her husband had sent the letters (“You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns”; “Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face”). Well, that’s one way to get your StarMeter to shoot up 6,453% in a week. Probably not the best way, but definitely a way. Stop it, you guys! STOP IT!
- It appears that the Lonely Island have been to college and learned to use the “transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing,” also known as the semicolon. Alanis Morrissette assists.
- To wallpaper your college dorm, perhaps.
- Tupac’s first business card, with a pager number. 143 80085 911.
- Nathan Fielder gets more kids grounded forever.
- The Night Stalker Richard Ramirez has joined his dark master in the underworld. R.I.P.?
- Daaaaayum, Janelle Monáe. Way to net the special guest stars.
- Woody Allen’s Blue Jasmine takes San Francisco, and it looks so good.
- In case you missed it: Jonah Hill gives a very cranky interview to Rolling Stone.
- NOOOO! THE DEVELOPERS WANT TO TAKE OUR EYES!
- One of Anonymous’s Steubenville heroes unmasks himself, reveals a soft inner core of bro.
- Paramount is bickering with JPMorgan.
- Amazon launches a tool for the visual-minded.
- The Purge creams The Internship at the box office. Now you go hate-read The Internship’s reviews (it “is kind of a terrible movie and perhaps it’s sad to think it exists“). Go ahead. I’ll wait.
- “New York’s hottest club is ZZZZZZZZZ. Located on the top floor of FAO Schwarz, this nightmare chamber has it all: teeming insects, nipple torture, a private VIP room where a bald rich guy will stare through your soul while eating a fancy dinner covered in live flies, and a human ottoman. You know, that thing where a dude in fetish gear kneels on the ground and Dick Van Dyke trips over him, over and over again?” And other Nine Inch Nails videos that are promotional material for Stefon’s favorite nightclubs.
Filed Under: Loose Ends, The Lonely Island, The Purge, The Walking Dead, Tupac, Woody Allen
Lifetime’s New Reality Slate: Fix Your Hair, Fix Your Teeth, Fix Your Cryptically Race-Related ‘Inner Glow‘
Attempted Murder and Memes: The Slender Man Hoax Turns Horribly Real
Shark Week vs. Sharknado Week: Who Will Win the Coming Shark Wars?
Can ‘Houdini’ Help Johnny Depp Escape Hollywood Jail?
The U.K. Just Doesn’t Get Macaulay Culkin’s Pizza Band
More Loose Ends
‘Magic: The Gathering: The Movie’
Afternoon Links: The Newsroom Renewed for a Third and Final Season
Afternoon Links: Aaron Sorkin and Courtney Love Are Reportedly Seeing One Another Romantically
Afternoon Links: Sherlock’s Probably Sticking Around for Awhile
Afternoon Links: Muppets Most Wanted Finds a Way to Make a Must-Watch Teaser
More Hollywood Prospectus
Brand Echh: Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton Can’t Save the Lame ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’
50 Scenes That Do Not Appear in the Fox ‘X-Files’ Revival
In Praise of Beach Slang, 2015’s Best, Most Sincere Rock Band
Who Was Missing From Taylor Swift’s Miami Squad?
Happy ‘Halloween’: The Best Horror-Movie Monsters