Afternoon Links: The Wedding Is Coming
There is nothing more awkward than engagement photo shoots, so why not create some emotional distance from the whole thing by adding a little role-playing element? These Game of Thrones–themed prenuptial photos sure beat a couple standing in a field at sunset without fur-lined capes and swords. If you were planning to incorporate velociraptors into your wedding ceremony this June, however, you’re out of luck: Jurassic Park 4 has been pushed. Time to call your wedding planner and replace those mosquito-amber centerpieces with some basic Etsy doilies. </3
- Marnie minus Charlie equals no little brown babies.
- YouTube clutches its pearls over the new David Bowie video, yoinking it from the site.
- More casting news for David Cronenberg’s Maps to the Stars: Mia Wasikowska, Olivia Williams, and Evan Bird join the dystopic thriller.
- Seth MacFarlane is going to be on the Simpsons season finale.
- Adam Levine gets a first-look deal with NBC.
- Google doodles Saul Bass.
- Baz Luhrmann wants to do Hamlet with Leonardo DiCaprio. Really? Not Paul Giamatti? SHOCKING!
- David Foster Wallace’s “This Is Water” gets animated.
- Logo’s Felt: “The sound of tears has to carry the emotion, while the puppets sit there, faces unchanged, looking cuddly as ever. At one point, the therapist tells John to stop rolling his eyes. Puppets can’t do that either.”
- Trailer time: Your first look at Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost’s The World’s End.
Filed Under: Loose Ends
More from Tess Lynch
More Loose Ends
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair