Afternoon Links: The Stark Sisters Vine-cept Your Brain
If you want to boost your stocks, you’ve got to Thronerize them. Not a Vine fan? How about now, after you’ve been Vinecepted by the Stark sisters (it doesn’t work for everyone; as one commenter points out, “Not even Maisie Williams, who is adorable, could make me give a shit about Vine”)? Need some traffic for your Simpsonizing Tumblr? THRONESED. Want to summon Leslie Knope from the abyss and reinvent her as Khaleesi? Now you’re cooking with dragons. Everyone must dance with the hairy bear.
- I thought Legoland would be all about square pegs. A senior gentleman and Lego enthusiast wasn’t allowed to enter because he didn’t have a child with him, despite the fact that “all he really wanted to do was take photographs of a Toronto skyline exhibit at the centre, in hopes of building something similar.”
- The murky veracity of new documentaries and “The New Doc Vague.”
- Beyoncé births another alter ego.
- Grossout at the Golden Corral.
- Orson Scott Card preaches “tolerance.” LOL.
- BEEEW, BEEEW, BEEEEW. What’s that? Has someone pulled the too-soon alarm?
- “The new CD is slipped into a DVD player. Music spews from the Panasonic flat screen speakers. For the next 30 minutes or so, I slump at the desk like a prisoner of war during an interrogation in an Auto-Tuned language I don’t understand.” —An attempt to interview Selena Gomez
- Your name and mine inside a heart upon a car/still finds a way to haunt me though they’re so small.
- No girls allowed in space. Just imagine what would happen if they all got their periods. Tampons in retrograde!
- If you want to convince me, I’m going to need 10.
- Having a hard time imagining a live-action Baloo, but whatever.
- Sometimes the clothes do not make the woman.
- Pie, coffee. Pie and coffee. Pie pie coffee coffee pie and coffee.