Afternoon Links: The Obama-Inspired Game of Thrones Knockoff, the RiRi-and-Breezy-Inspired SVU, and More
An Obama-inspired fantasy trilogy called Queen of the Tearling has landed a seven-figure deal. Quick! You dictate, I’ll type! Jimmy Carter and the werewolves! There’s a magic crystal buried somewhere in Mount St. Helens! Throw some virgins in! We gotta move on this!!
- Justin Timberlake is kidnapping your television for the month of March, with a weeklong takeover of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and a double-duty hosting gig on SNL on the 9th.
- What’s creepier about this Rihanna–Chris Brown–inspired Law & Order: SVU? The shot of a beaten-up face or that Perez Hilton is guesting?
- I am reading about the black dead-body water at this hotel while “Hotel California” plays in my head. I think I’m going to buy an RV.
- Irrefutable proof that stress balls just don’t do the trick.
- A history of Keyboard Cat and a nose with a mind of its own.
- The Nielsen Co. is such a grandpa. “They’re watching the pictures on their iPads! I think that’s going to be a thing!”
- I only wanted to see you laughing in the plasma rain.
- This is the mug shot face you make when you assault your boyfriend with a Furby.
- Josh Brolin and Diane Lane are divorcing.
- You know what, this could be the beginning of a great collaboration with River Island.
- In case you missed it: I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Ηung Ηer on a Μeathook & Νow I Have a Three-Picture Deal with Disney (Ben Affleck’s first film); Oscars supercut; a baby sloth giving a girl a flower.
More from Tess Lynch
More Ben Affleck
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair