Afternoon Links: The Lonely Island and Reggie Watts Kick Off YouTube Comedy Week
The Lonely Island have become grown-ass men. In a new video for YouTube’s Comedy Week, the trio take on the mature subjects of wife sex and cemetery real estate (“wobble-dee-wobble-dee drop into my grave plot”). It goes hard, because it’s #DIAPERCORE. Reggie Watts also debuted a video for YouTube’s celebration with his variation on the Rickroll, faithfully re-creating Rick Astley’s outfits and letting his upper lip dance to ’80s synth like no one is watching.
- Your comprehensive guide to Stefon’s wedding guests, including Wario Batali.
- If you have upward of $1,000 to spend on a sub/dom fantasy, you can score a date with Downton’s valet Bates (Brendan Coyle), during which time you can read poetry to the actor in Central Park, take him to dinner at Per Se, and then “deposit[...] him into a cab” before saying goodnight.
- Seth MacFarlane is too sleepy to host the 2014 Oscars, but thanks for offering.
- Larry David gets a tech-hipster makeover for HBO’s upcoming Clear History.
- Park Chan-wook’s Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is getting a remake.
- This is the most important GIF from the Billboard Music Awards.
- Anchorman 2 delivers a new teaser trailer and a look at Drake on set shooting his cameo.
- Kate Hudson gets cast as Zach Braff’s wife in his controversially Kickstarted movie Wish I Was Here.
- Why yes, I will watch a scripted, dystopic Survivor-esque show called Siberia.
- The Great Singing Competition Judge Scramble of 2013, X Factor edition.
- Yahoo officially owns Tumblr. Well, we had fun with our ad-free p0rnography for a while.
- New details and photos from Jim Jarmusch’s bohemian vampire film, Only Lovers Left Alive. Tilda Swinton sipping blood from a tiny goblet is so up my alley.
- “You may not be promiscuous when you decide to get a tattoo on your lower back, but you will probably have the opportunity to become promiscuous after you do.”
More from Tess Lynch
More Anchorman 2
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair