Afternoon Links: The Her Trailer Explores a Different Kind of E-Dating
Today the first trailer was released for Spike Jonze’s Her, a love story between man (Joaquin Phoenix) and his OS (voiced by Scarlett Johansson), and it looks goooood, like a kind of Eternal Sunshine of the Reformatted Hard Drive. Also among the cast are Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde, and Chris Pratt, and the soundtrack includes contributions from Arcade Fire, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Aphex Twin.
- Sandy Cohen, love expert, at your service.
- Something that makes Walter White feel so dirty: when they start talkin’ cute.
- A Nicholson and melon, also a great name for a cocktail.
- It happens.
- Jemima Kirke got a little too enthusiastic at Jay Z’s “Picasso Baby” shoot.
- Meryl Streep hast joined the The Giver adaptation as the resident wise elder.
- “If you don’t know why my record is called BANGERZ you’ll know as soon as you hear it. Nothin but #BANGERZ.” —Miley
- R.I.P., subway shark, R.I.P., subway love.
- “Hating Rush was a blast. These days I like Rush a lot, but I miss hating them. We will never agree on anything the way we agreed on Rush.” —The Rush problem
- Please care for this lost Orson Welles film, Too Much Johnson. It was abandoned and left in an Italian warehouse for a long time.
- Tara Reid, decorated expert marine biologist.
- Fingers crossed for a Viking DiCaprio.
- The rare Chewbacca nut.
- The Soylent guy, who has given up food in favor of mysterious futuristic Slurpees, looks like he’s doing pretty well for himself.
- Panic! At the Disco’s drummer, Spencer Smith, is taking a break from touring to address his drug addiction.
- Until we meet again, here is a terrible — maybe the most terrible — cover of “Hungry Heart.”