Afternoon Links: The Grammys Button Up
I’m officially not watching the Grammys anymore. No “puffy” bare skin around the genitals? Whateverrrr!
- Archer in the flesh: The real faces that inspired the characters were chosen from “a ragtag group of friends of the show and fellow animators,” including a Hooters waitress and an antiques dealer.
- Muzak is getting rebranded under Mood Media, because “Muzak was not the connotation that suggested that we have come a long way.” It connotes traveling a short distance, say one or two floors, very slowly.
- Is anyone ever happy when they get a surprise visit from the principal?
- Joel McHale on Tosh.0/Joel McHale on Chevy Chase and the n-word.
- Great thing? Terrible thing? Time will tell — it’s the Cirque du Soleil and Skrillex Vegas show, “with all their fucking bells and whistles and all of their budgets and resources to do anything.”
- No mail Saturday, my mail has gone away.
- This is how you use Vine. With emotion.
- Every day is Beyoncéday: “BEYONCE IS FABULOUS, BETTER THAN YOU, AND YOU WILL DEAL. YOU HOES NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING AND WALK AWAY.”
- Turtle and alligator are friends.
- The grand jury of Yelp.
- “So, how did this dog end up with a human face? No one knows.” Except for the guy who woke up a year ago with a dog’s face. DOG/FACE/OFF!
- It’s the little moth lady from Pasadena (on a robotic bug car). Go lady go lady go lady go!
- Megan Phelps-Roper issued a statement that she is leaving the Westboro Baptist Church via a Dark Knight Rises reference: “Up until now, our names have been synonymous with ‘God Hates Fags.’ Any twelve-year-old with a cell phone could find out what we did. We hope Ms. Kyle was right about the other part, too, though — that everything sticks — and that the changes we make in our lives will speak for themselves.”
More from Tess Lynch
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Actually, the last thing we shot with Matthew [McConaughey], which was really great because we got to surprise him, was from episode seven when Marty’s watching the video tape Rust stole from the Tuttle house and Matthew has his back to Woody. We start rolling and I keep it going and we gather the entire crew right outside the storage unit. We slammed the doors open, which kind of shocked him for a second, and then the whole crew was there to clap for him. It was pretty awesome.”