Afternoon Links: The Grammys Button Up
I’m officially not watching the Grammys anymore. No “puffy” bare skin around the genitals? Whateverrrr!
- Archer in the flesh: The real faces that inspired the characters were chosen from “a ragtag group of friends of the show and fellow animators,” including a Hooters waitress and an antiques dealer.
- Muzak is getting rebranded under Mood Media, because “Muzak was not the connotation that suggested that we have come a long way.” It connotes traveling a short distance, say one or two floors, very slowly.
- Is anyone ever happy when they get a surprise visit from the principal?
- Joel McHale on Tosh.0/Joel McHale on Chevy Chase and the n-word.
- Great thing? Terrible thing? Time will tell — it’s the Cirque du Soleil and Skrillex Vegas show, “with all their fucking bells and whistles and all of their budgets and resources to do anything.”
- No mail Saturday, my mail has gone away.
- This is how you use Vine. With emotion.
- Every day is Beyoncéday: “BEYONCE IS FABULOUS, BETTER THAN YOU, AND YOU WILL DEAL. YOU HOES NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING AND WALK AWAY.”
- Turtle and alligator are friends.
- The grand jury of Yelp.
- “So, how did this dog end up with a human face? No one knows.” Except for the guy who woke up a year ago with a dog’s face. DOG/FACE/OFF!
- It’s the little moth lady from Pasadena (on a robotic bug car). Go lady go lady go lady go!
- Megan Phelps-Roper issued a statement that she is leaving the Westboro Baptist Church via a Dark Knight Rises reference: “Up until now, our names have been synonymous with ‘God Hates Fags.’ Any twelve-year-old with a cell phone could find out what we did. We hope Ms. Kyle was right about the other part, too, though — that everything sticks — and that the changes we make in our lives will speak for themselves.”