Afternoon Links: Stream Arcade Fire’s New Album Right Now, Because We No Longer Wait
You may now stream Arcade Fire’s new album, Reflektor, in its entirety days before its official release on October 29. Via SoundCloud, you ask? Or perhaps an iTunes stream? Nay, ye Internet savvy — the tracks you seek may be found within but a humble YouTube clip. Yes, it’s an album-length lyric video. Enjoy.
- Forget that this X-Men: Days of Future Past teaser is only six freaking seconds long and just let the unadulterated excitement course through you.
- Fifty-seven-year-old Malcolm in the Middle actor Bryan Cranston has finally found the role of a lifetime, voicing a sleek spot for Apple’s new iPad Air.
- Jon Hamm has to shave twice or three times a day while filming Mad Men. The man cannot get more glorious.
- Now we don’t have to just look at that old poster calling Star Wars no. 6 Revenge of the Jedi — we can watch a trailer that calls it that, too.
- Agree with Russell Brand’s revolutionary talk here or not, ye shall be riveted.
- In his third movie with Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, Lord of War), Ethan Hawke will play a drone pilot.
- Bill Murray did Wes Anderson’s Rushmore for something like $9,000 — two years after he did the $90 million–grossing Space Jam and two years before he did the $125 million–grossing Charlie’s Angels.
- Are you sitting down? OK … footage from the KimYe proposaganza leaked.
- David Fincher is averaging 50 takes per scene on Gone Girl.
- Here’s Drake’s mind-boggling birthday cake situation.
- Alan Rickman is tired of the weak-ass Alan Rickman impersonators. Only strong-ass impersonators from here on out.
- Don’t wear face paint and a headdress and do a rain dance on Halloween; do watch this magnificent local costume store ad.
- And in case you missed it, Katy Perry has hair from the heads of Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift in her purse. Go figure out which song on Prism is about that experience.
More Arcade Fire
More Hollywood Prospectus
“He was concerned about the structure of my life, and now I’m concerned about the structure of his life. He’s getting fired from TV shows. He had about six fights since we left ‘30 Rock,’ you know. I’m worried about him. I mellowed out, my daughter mellowed me out, and I don’t get mad at anyone.” —Tracy Morgan on Alec Baldwin