Afternoon Links: Spring Break Forever, or at Least Until You Go Bankrupt
It’s officially spring break season. Sorry, let me try that again: WOOOOO! IT’S OFFICIALLY SPRING BREAAAAAAK SEASON! Put your outfit’s roof down like you’re a birthday Bieber! Or don’t do that and respect yourself instead, I don’t care. WOOOO! Staying home making charts instead? That’s OK, so is Joe Francis. “Now, you want to see girls? Going wild? Yeah, it’s called the Internet.”
- TV Guide announces the return of Whose Line Is It Anyway? with a linky text-interrupter that asks “Which Shows Must Die?” So we’re all on the same page, then.
- We finds it kind of funny, we finds it kind of sad, the dreams where we’ve lost Precious are the best we’ve ever had.
- R.I.P., One Day at a Time‘s Bonnie Franklin.
- The new I’m So Excited trailer is awesome, campy, and everything you never knew you always wanted from Almodóvar (psychics and cocktails in the sky).
- Listen to Michelle Obama and don’t feed the trolls: “At any point at a given time, somebody’s not going to like what you do. That’s just the nature of things.”
- NBC affiliate slips viewers a little Matlock surprise. Just going to wait for that to go on Urban Dictionary wearing a fun new context.
- Of course, everyone will unanimously agree that Facebook’s new News Feed layout is a treat, and nobody will complain.
- Hollywood notices that GIFs are a thing, continues to shower Neil Gaiman with money and praise, casts Frankenpotter.
- Studying these fictional floor plans will make it a lot easier to rob The Simpsons.
- The list of icky stuff you consume just got a little longer if you smoke and don’t like to clean the litter box with your mouth.
- Don’t think about it. Stream the new Bowie instead. Or drive a car with a yogurt wheel.
- So, it wasn’t ironic.
More from Tess Lynch
More David Bowie
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair