Afternoon Links: Ron Weasley TV Show Was Doomed, But You Can See the Pilot
While Harry Potter costars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson continued to skip along the movie path fairly successfully, Rupert Grint decided to try a half-hour CBS pilot. The ill-fated Super Clyde, also starring Stephen Fry, details a shy geek who inherits a fortune and sets about trying to use it to become an everyday superhero. (Seen Kick-Ass much? Ah, we jest. This is not that. Not exactly.) CBS, presumably aware that the Potter militia was readying a bunch of Cruciatus Curses, has now shared the pilot online. Have fun.
- Louis C.K.’s Oh My God special, the HBO one, is now downloadable for $5. There’s an extended version, too.
- Justin Timberlake’s second 20/20 Experience sold 350,000 copies, getting the artist formerly known as The Social Network’s Sean Parker his second no. 1 album of the year. (The first part sold almost 1 million copies, though.)
- Coolio crashed a college student’s apartment, cooked dinner, sang “Gangsta’s Paradise.”
- It’s a That ’70s Show reunion! Only on Instagram!
- Want to see how Justin Vernon’s Volcano Choir does it live? Watch a full magnificent concert at NPR.
- By all means, take a moment to watch Miley Cyrus and the Roots channel The Brady Bunch for an a cappella rendition of “We Can’t Stop.”
- Happy birthday, John Lennon! Here are 18 Beatles songs you hated and subsequently shit-talked.
- A Breaking Bad opera, eh? You have my curiosity. “It may center on ‘Ozymandias.’” OK, you have my attention and my money.
- And someone will play Roger Ebert in a movie soon.
More Breaking Bad
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair