Afternoon Links: Riff Raff Throws Down the 100-Yard Dash Gauntlet to James Franco
“It’s evident that nobody knows who the real Riff Raff is right now. Nobody knows. I don’t even know whadifadadada later on tonight. I probably be eating chicken nuggets or something.” —Riff Raff on Spring Breakers, kind of. Perhaps he could eat them with Dangeruss’s fork, his fork his fork his fork.
- “THANK F—ING GOD I DON’T HAVE TO WEAR THAT STUPID F—ING ARM ANY MORE! THERE! PRINT THAT S—!” —Michael “Don’t Call Me Merle Anymore” Rooker
- Winter is coming … for you.
- The Wachowskis enter the Netflix binge buffet line with Sense8, coming in late 2014.
- Two-headed shark, all floating in glass.
- White dudes and their spec scripts, man.
- Writer and producer Don Payne (The Simpsons, Thor) has died. “What matters is that in a short time, he seems to have touched a lot of his collaborators and he was lucky enough to work on movies that spoke directly to his life-long interests. It sounds like he enjoyed what he did, and there is nothing greater that you can say about anyone, in my opinion.”
- Condom innovators! You have until May 7 to impress Bill Gates with your French letter prototypes!
- Louie, Girls, the Up series, Lorne Michaels, and Southland were honored with Peabody awards. Southland is so good. I am filled with anxiety about it disappearing. Speaking of Southland, C. Thomas Howell has found himself in a pickle.
- More fodder for the never-ending Grantland Mara power rankings: Kate Mara joins the cast of Transcendence.
- Here is the full trailer for The Wolverine.
- “It’s nearly a full hour of tuneless people singing pop standards and aimlessly shuffling around, like they’re auditioning for The Walking Dead. Oh, and it was written by Martha Plimpton. As her only screenwriting credit. Which, what?” —The A.V. Club reminisces about the musical episode of 7th Heaven.
- The Internet vs. San Francisco. Again.
- It’s diva attack season in Calabasas: Young Justin Bieber drove his chariot too rapidly through his gated community, then spat on a man who objected.
More from Tess Lynch
More Justin Bieber
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair