Afternoon Links: Reporter Terrified by Magic
Reporters can be so stodgy. That’s why it’s nice to see them lose their brains every so often, like Allie Mac Kay did when confronted with the supreme awesomeness of a magic trick on KTLA. For some reason, this fluffy piece seems to have caused some torment for Mac Kay after a bleep was inserted into her reaction, which made it look like she’d dropped an s-bomb (NOOO!). The video was removed from YouTube and the Huffington Post for a while in order for the unbleeped version to reveal that Mac Kay only said “crap,” leading me to believe she had one of those Internet-induced page fright meltdowns (and a for-the-record tweet that goes along with them). Don’t worry, Mac Kay. Nobody’s going to mistake you for a gangster anchor. That seat is occupied by Brian Williams.
- Rocket Biebs, burning out his fuse with Scooter Braun.
- A most distinguished list of performers will be giving you inebriated history lessons in July.
- Rebel Wilson, in diamonds, is on the cover of Glamour UK.
- Daft Punk gets a composer credit on Kanye’s “Black Skinhead.”
- Carey Rodham Mulligan? Really? Well, now that you mention it …
- And this is why I still watch Real World. Because it’s terrifying.
- Get ready to say good-bye to Kenny Powers. I plan to cry.
- Nicole Richie is the morality police, and Instagram is her badge.
- R.I.P., Hollywood mermaid Esther Williams.
- May I offer you a ‘coaster?
- My password is “gooblyface.“
- Ah, to be a P.I. on the wall in the golden age.