Afternoon Links: Relive The O.C. Through The Power of Song (and MySpace)
In all these months of link dumping, it looks like we’ve never directed any traffic to the new Myspace. What a tragic error! Today, that changes: Myspace has a long history of friendship (it’s the place for it, after all) with The O.C., and today the site featured a discussion of “every song that soundtracked the show,” volume one of seven. You better do your horizontal scrolling warm-up before you even think about tackling it; if you’ve ever spilled a beverage on your touch pad, however (not that anyone would ever be so stupid, so horribly stupid), you’re out of luck. Damn it, new Myspace! Here’s a summary: Rooney, Joseph Arthur, Doves, Rufus Wainwright and every song that ever mentioned California appear.
- No f-words: these kids (one seven years old, one ten) were forbidden from talking about fracking for the rest of their lives.
- Juan Pablo will be your new Bachelor. Now let’s see if he can gas up a room like Desiree.
- Here is TMZ pissing themselves with anticipation over the upcoming “Trapped in the Closet” chapter: “it’s SOOOOOO good — with guns, secret clubs, and R. Kelly in an crazy goatee.”
- Chris Brown, freshly released from his hour in jail, Tweet-threatens to go away for good. Okay, bye! Don’t let the door hit you on the way — ah, screw it.
- Donald Glover is having another go at developing a show for himself with a music-themed comedy for FX.
- Meryl Streep and Robert De Niro will be starring in Michael Cunningham’s adaptation of The Good House.
- Looking back at bath salts’ fifteen minutes of fame. Speaking of which: Warhol’s ghost must be quite pleased.
- E! is developing a super gross-sounding show about rich kids in Beverly Hills.
- Oh yes it’s ladies’ night…ly news.
- The CBGB soundtrack begins with “Life During Wartime,” obviously.
- A corrupt ice cream truck was shilling coke and Oxycodone on the side. It was a-neat, a-neat, a-neat.
- The great Issa Rae is coming to HBO.
- Still obsessed with the fatberg. Probably always will be.
- The Muppets sequel sure knows how to pack in the celebrity cameos.
- Sadly, “My brain is all glitter sparkles and cat litter” was rejected.
- You know how Buzzfeed publishes a list of things intended to make you feel old every year? Well this makes me fucking ecstatic to be old: an Ohio high school has its own anonymous gossip Twitter. Those modem dial-up noises never sounded so sweet.
- Funny or Die’s Hollywood Agent Voicemails #5: Andrew McCarthy and Ladyhawke.
- I have been shipping Diddy and Ma$e since eighth grade.
- What killed the dinosaurs? Caterpillars, eggs, cataracts and aliens, of course.
- I guess “tibia” doesn’t immediately jump to mind.
More from Tess Lynch
More Chris Brown
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair