Afternoon Links: Psy’s a Gentleman, and Hugh Jackman’s Got a Pretty Weird Fan
How about some happy things? Like Psy’s houndstooth jacket in the “Gentleman” video, a janky pop song remixed from World of Warcraft blips and blurps, the Hunger Games: Catching Fire teaser trailer, and shipping your pants. Plus, Elaine Stritch endorses gossip, so now we can all sleep at night under tabloid blankets.
- Except Hugh Jackman. He’s going to have nightmares for sure.
- A brief message from Zod (Michael Shannon).
- Steve Sanders was never my go-to pick for the 90210 alum I’d most like to see join Chippendales, but you can’t always get what you want.
- AMC attempts to “make Saturday the new Sunday” by moving Hell on Wheels to a Saturday slot. Can’t they work on making Monday the new Friday?
- The enduring literary effects of Deep Thoughts. Also: The Pulitzer is back.
- Why on earth would we be tentative about a kids’ version of The Voice? Crush the 8-year-olds’ dreams. Smoosh ‘em. Splat.
- The sad tale of a mellow, harshed.
- Yeah, we got weird fish. Sure, we have giant “rat-sized” snails.
More from Tess Lynch
More Loose Ends
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Actually, the last thing we shot with Matthew [McConaughey], which was really great because we got to surprise him, was from episode seven when Marty’s watching the video tape Rust stole from the Tuttle house and Matthew has his back to Woody. We start rolling and I keep it going and we gather the entire crew right outside the storage unit. We slammed the doors open, which kind of shocked him for a second, and then the whole crew was there to clap for him. It was pretty awesome.”