Afternoon Links: Patton Oswalt’s Star Wars Filibuster Gets Animated
This animated version of Patton Oswalt’s Star Wars filibuster speech is worth a look, if only for the tiny baby Padawans floating in an anti-gravity classroom. Depending on your mood, you may also want to become involved in the predictably crazy comments section (“So then why not Photon who has power over energy would be more powerful than Moonknight also how is Moonknight any more powerful than Hawkeye or Blackwidow?” “Wolverine has a daughter so who is the mother?” “Patton Oswalt thinks that MoonKnight and Hercules are top tier? Hawk Eye and Black Widow might be 2nd string heroes but fucking MoonKnight… really? He is D list, down there with FireStar and ShatterStar”); at least a handful of the viewers seem to genuinely want an Actual Movie based on Oswalt’s improvised Parks and Rec monologue. Didn’t we just get a real movie for free? I mean, moving mouths would be nice, but aren’t you people ever satisfied?
- Comedy rock is easy. Forecasting the weather is much more difficult (click, click).
- Ang Lee is out of FX’s Tyrant. During a “very emotional call” with producer Howard Gordon, Lee explained that he had hit a wall and needed a rest. Nobody feels like going back to work after too much Pi.
- This Oklahoma tornado survivor found her dog in the rubble while giving a news interview. NOBODY HELPS HER DIG HIM OUT. Put aside the documentarian sensibilities, you freakin’ heel journalists!
- Ed Helms’s graduation photo reveals a style that’s a nice hybrid between mom and man at an off-brand Apple repair store.
- Kanye West, too close to Jesus, is pressuring Will Smith to record new music. That’s OK with me.
- OH MY GOD WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN WINTER ENDS?
- Sorry that smoking a joint on Jennifer Aniston’s sofa was so crushingly boring for you, Brad Pitt. Jen: Call me.
- Hamlet takeover status complete.
- Spare a thought today for the horribly marginalized gluten-free children who suffer in our midst. “There were tears in my daughter’s eyes, and my son’s fist was clenched,” says one mother, who compared her children’s celiac disease diagnosis to death. There is no question that dietary restrictions suck but you guuuuuys.