Afternoon Links: Missouri Wins ‘Most Tone-Deaf Iron Man 3 Promotion’ Contest
Hello, Earthlings. It has been a week since I have been beamed down to your planet from HG-430 Helioplex, my home planet, and boy am I enjoying myself in my humanoid role as manager of a movie theater in Missouri, a job I secured after a quick scan of the interstellar classifieds. You all have no objection to guns in movie theaters, right? I can’t imagine why that would cause anyone to become alarmed. So what’s your beef with my Iron Man 3 publicity stunt? Why would you balk at the image of “people dressed in full tactical gear and carrying what appeared to be assault weapons storm[ing] the screening”? Why would that glue you to your seat while you frantically dial 811 (earth police telecommunication signal)? I don’t know. I’m just here on vacation. And my flight was awful. (h/t The A.V. Club, photo credit Amber and Amanda Photography)
- Bet you feel like a scumbag for laughing at Star Wars kid right now.
- So THIS is why they invented Vine.
- Fear of Flying the movie is coming. Let me see that Jo-o-ong.
- Dang, NBC. What a freaking massacre. At least Whitney can’t inflict any more pain. Related: Southland, the show I resent you for not watching (all of ya’s!), has finally retired its badge. Sammy Bryant, I’ll take you out for a fictional beer any day of the week.
- Dear married friend who I just saw trying to score some ass on Facebook: It’s time to adjust your Bang With Friends privacy settings. Actually, it’s past that time. And LinkedIn is watching you while you sleep.
- August: Osage County‘s trailer wants you to think it’s Terms of Endearment.
- Don’t contribute to forehead-phobia.
- Hate, state by state.
- Everybody needs a day off.
- Respect your mother.
- There Will Be Singing.
- Gordon Ramsay is coming for your children.
- Long hair, don’t care for your teaching style.
More from Tess Lynch
More Gordon Ramsay
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Probably ‘Smokin Aces’, because it wasn’t my hair, and it was like, long beautiful hair that I could never grow.” … “Yeah. I take a supplement called Viviscal. And it’s supposed to help speed up your hair growth. And I really think it works, because my beard grows really fast and I have to get a haircut once a week while using it.” —Ask Jeremy Piven Anything About His Hair