Afternoon Links: Jimmy Fallon Is in the Joke Empire Business
To kill time between the approaching finale of Breaking Bad and the Saul Goodman spin-off, we must prepare for a hiatus filled with Walter White parodies and fan-made improvisations, and Jimmy Fallon’s spoof “Joking Bad” is a great place to start. Celebrity cameos? Check: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Jay Leno, and Bob Odenkirk all lend a hand. Convincing White transformation? Sure thing: Jimmy’s packing a bald cap, goatee, and the creepy intense gaze one must rock while hawking illegal goods (and funnies). And there must be math: Anthony Weiner + One Direction = One Erection. You could find a desperate somebody willing to shell out for that outside the Comedy Cellar, for sure.
- Mapping GTA’s fake L.A., Los Santos.
- Because you’d like to watch a blog on television: The People’s Couch.
- The list of Emmys presenters keeps getting longer.
- So, Mumford & Sons like to party.
- Fans: 1. Roberto Orci: 0.
- Happy birthday, Louis C.K.
- Chrome offers a Miley blocker which will erase all things twerk from your view.
- I am the only person in the world who doesn’t love Chipotle, right? Anyway, your burrito has gone emo grande.
- Carson Daly has joined the Today show “family.”
- Will you shame yourself and don an eye patch for a dozen free doughnuts?
- Now it’s gone too far.
- Stop being so kreepy!
- Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac is reaching empire status.
- We are singing the mushroom’s songs.
- Forever our Jordan Catalano. Even Jada Yuan isn’t immune.
- I think this is the bravest actress of our generation, whoever she is.
- Descending into madness after three-plus hours on hold. Been there, buddy. Stay strong.