Afternoon Links: Jimmy Fallon Is in the Joke Empire Business
To kill time between the approaching finale of Breaking Bad and the Saul Goodman spin-off, we must prepare for a hiatus filled with Walter White parodies and fan-made improvisations, and Jimmy Fallon’s spoof “Joking Bad” is a great place to start. Celebrity cameos? Check: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Jay Leno, and Bob Odenkirk all lend a hand. Convincing White transformation? Sure thing: Jimmy’s packing a bald cap, goatee, and the creepy intense gaze one must rock while hawking illegal goods (and funnies). And there must be math: Anthony Weiner + One Direction = One Erection. You could find a desperate somebody willing to shell out for that outside the Comedy Cellar, for sure.
- Mapping GTA’s fake L.A., Los Santos.
- Because you’d like to watch a blog on television: The People’s Couch.
- The list of Emmys presenters keeps getting longer.
- So, Mumford & Sons like to party.
- Fans: 1. Roberto Orci: 0.
- Happy birthday, Louis C.K.
- Chrome offers a Miley blocker which will erase all things twerk from your view.
- I am the only person in the world who doesn’t love Chipotle, right? Anyway, your burrito has gone emo grande.
- Carson Daly has joined the Today show “family.”
- Will you shame yourself and don an eye patch for a dozen free doughnuts?
- Now it’s gone too far.
- Stop being so kreepy!
- Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac is reaching empire status.
- We are singing the mushroom’s songs.
- Forever our Jordan Catalano. Even Jada Yuan isn’t immune.
- I think this is the bravest actress of our generation, whoever she is.
- Descending into madness after three-plus hours on hold. Been there, buddy. Stay strong.
More from Tess Lynch
More Hollywood Prospectus
“Actually, the last thing we shot with Matthew [McConaughey], which was really great because we got to surprise him, was from episode seven when Marty’s watching the video tape Rust stole from the Tuttle house and Matthew has his back to Woody. We start rolling and I keep it going and we gather the entire crew right outside the storage unit. We slammed the doors open, which kind of shocked him for a second, and then the whole crew was there to clap for him. It was pretty awesome.”