Afternoon Links: James Franco Paps Himself
James Franco — a person who long ago traded sleeping for producing his varied brands of art, art, and more art — apparently has a new hobby: He’s self-papping. In a series of photos posted on his Instagram feed, Franco dedicated the staged images to sites like Just Jared, Gawker, and Perez Hilton and graffitied them with MS Paint messages: There he is making out with a blonde woman in a car (“Look closely Mr. Roadhead!”), and then he’s over there, kissing a dude (“Just a Franco afternoon,” #gay). I guess when you’re feeling violated, it makes sense that you’d want to take matters into your own hands.
- Are you disappointed that your GTA V purchase didn’t come with a bag of fake cocaine? They just made $800 million in a day, they can afford the real stuff now.
- This is Ben Affleck using an ’80s “car phone” in a Burger King commercial.
- Hot dang, the 40 Days of Dating movie scored Lorene Scafaria as screenwriter and Grey Gardens’ Michael Sucsy as director.
- I don’t care. I don’t care. I don’t care. One day I will really, really not care.
- Timberlake and McCartney are the reasons for your commute sucking so much next week.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Parks and Rec counterparts (Jake Peralta is Leslie).
- The fake Burlington Coat Factory Twitter feed will make you feel like chinchilla in the heat.
- The Salinger documentary is being developed into a feature film by the Weinstein Company.
- Zac Efron completed a rehab stint a few months ago, reportedly for cocaine addiction.
- Why on earth would this Kickstarter be struggling? Man, I just can’t fathom it!
- Oh, hey, no big deal but space and time aren’t real.