Afternoon Links: It’s Britney, Witch
Love “Thriller” but get too spooked by the Vincent Price intro that haunted your childhood nightmares? Try this new one, with Britney Spears doing a different accent and affectation — including some embarrassing duds — for each line. She also tells us “It’s Britney, witch” and does some prop work that rivals the chair dancing from “Stronger.” It’s deeply weird, but also fun to see Britney just being goofy.
- The Office‘s B.J. Novak has a book, One More Thing: Stories & Other Stories, coming in February. Today, The New Yorker has a very funny sample, written from the point of view of the man who invented the calendar.
- They did enough improv on Anchorman 2 to end up with two completely different final cuts.
- The last two pages of the Breaking Bad finale are available for your perusal.
- Ellen DeGeneres is working on an NBC sitcom with a lesbian protagonist.
- No longer missing from your life: a Star Wars bloopers video in which Harrison Ford flubs a line and proceeds to chomp on his Millennium Falcon headset.
- Tom Waits played his first show in five years and there’s lots of weird, great footage.
- Dean Lorey, an Arrested Development producer and writer, has been sharing some terrific behind-the-scenes anecdotes.
- House of Cards might run to three or more seasons.
- Do-gooder Chris Brown arrested for assault.
- The poster for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur is lovely and exciting; the 2015 release date on it is not.
- The Muppets Most Wanted poster is here, as well.
- And here’s one more Catching Fire teaser.