Afternoon Links: Every Famous Person in the World in a Single Lip-Dub Video
Top YouTube comment on Bonnie McKee’s star-studded lip-dub video: “This is how I’d like my world to be. Different creeds, colors, ages, genres, and at least one drag queen, all having a good time together.” Way to derive meaning from a song about adult Slurpees and organ-dispensing vending machines! The future is bright.
- It’s been sort of a busy 24 hours, right? Ding-dong, DOMA’s dead: More free booze and catering for the world. Rejoice, Hollywood! You did your part! Or you can go ahead and sulk, I guess, depending on your politics. I’ll eat those caviar-topped canapés if you don’t want them. There are plenty of ways to burn off the calories in these eventful times. And they certainly have been eventful. Enjoy your hangover. You’ve earned it.
- The Has-Deen or the never-was appeared on the Today Show. She cried.
- “It’s 1969. Ted returns to New York and takes Peggy and Don for a ride in his plane. When they encounter a freak snow storm, Peggy and Don believe that they are going to die, but then they don’t.” —And 14 other predictions for Mad Men‘s final season
- Pretty glad SNL dug this Bieber sketch (“the greatest train wreck ever”) out of the garbage pail. If all else fails, Bieber has proven that he can play Leif Garrett in a biopic down the line.
- Way to make it awkward.
- I can think of three Jonases who might be available.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 forever.
- Mermaid guy gets a promotion.
- Hey you, you got some Goop on your face.
- A 58-page PDF instructs you how to take a vacation.
- I’ve hacked up/a Twitter/for Daddy.
- “Page Six,” never stop pumping out that sweet prose.