Afternoon Links: Deep Inside The Canyons
Michael Musto interviewed Bret Easton Ellis about The Canyons. There will be dirt! And dirt there was: perhaps it was the Adderall that made Lohan “sometimes bossy”; James Deen initially mistook the project for a porn; Musto questioned the merits of The Canyons versus The Way, Way Back; and, of course, Ellis’s hater magnet. For his part, Paul Schrader talked with Film School Rejects about walking the line between good, buzzy controversy and the kind that “dooms” your film.
- Your hipster logo design guide. Can’t beat Futura.
- As you may know, I watch a lot of garbage television, but the fact that Celebrity Wife Swap was renewed for a third season is blowing my mind. The terms “wife” and “celebrity” have never been used so loosely.
- Nobody but me watches the fake-Survivor vehicle Siberia, so I hope the fake-Bachelor show Unreal has a better shot. Meta-reality is the new black.
- Speaking of which, let’s never stop celebrating Orange Is the New Black and the feelings — the love feelings — it gives us.
- The Big Day Out music festival adds Arcade Fire to a lineup that will make you wish you lived in Australia.
- Jessica Alba versus mommy blogger.
- Comedian showdown.
- Trying to find plot clues in the audio trailer for Homeland’s third season.
- Karaoke performances can make a person feel murdery, especially when “Hotel California” is involved.
- Robotic sign spinners are creepy, and they’re taking your jobs. And now this gives me the excuse I’ve always wanted to post this, which makes me laugh and laff and lauf.
- Telepathically communicating with your pet rat has never been so easy.
- Farm to table to 911.
- “Please Draw Rabbit hitting a bong on the pizza box! thank you we appreciate your artistic abilities and integrity.”
- Man, I’m so sad about this one. I always really liked Masterchef’s tall Josh and it looks like he’s had some kind of a psychotic break (like, you know, claiming to be possessed by Gordon Ramsay, who “transformed him into God”). Couldn’t Ramsay’s evil engrams have taken racist Krissi instead? She could use a brain makeover.
Filed Under: Loose Ends
More from Tess Lynch
More Loose Ends
More Hollywood Prospectus
“He was concerned about the structure of my life, and now I’m concerned about the structure of his life. He’s getting fired from TV shows. He had about six fights since we left ‘30 Rock,’ you know. I’m worried about him. I mellowed out, my daughter mellowed me out, and I don’t get mad at anyone.” —Tracy Morgan on Alec Baldwin