Afternoon Links: Dean Cain Is Reporting for Man of Steel Duty
It never feels good to be replaced. Dean Cain had his cape all ready to go for Man of Steel; he just needed a quick shave in a phone booth and to fly back in time to film the role. Gene Wilder was not so game, recently going on the record to air his displeasure about the Willy Wonka remake, calling it “an insult” and heaping bitter dark chocolate over Tim Burton (“I don’t care for that director”) “going back and doing it all over again.” SOURBALLS.
- Two as-yet-untitled Marvel movies are on the roster for Disney in 2016 and 2017.
- Danny DeVito’s mom wrote a totally mom-like (“Scallywag”) letter to Kirk Douglas to thank him for casting her son in Scalawag.
- Kim Deal has left the Pixies. Here’s an interview to remind you of why you love her (or don’t).
- Before Midnight AMA: Linklater — “My advice [to screenwriters] would be to get your ass offline and get to work.” Very groundbreaking.
- The Yeezus leak and the resulting opinion outbreak.
- Narcissistic Postfeminist Supergirls 2013 Takeover 911.
- Parker Lewis is upset and suing because his leg got all macerated in a boat accident on the set of Rise of the Dinosaurs. Related: The problem with pyrotechnics is that they’re EXPLODING FIRE.
- 1982 just dropped on your head. Plop.
- Sexy time with Wes Bentley, courtesy of Ryan Murphy.
- Never going to forgive any of you if you don’t watch Lifetime’s Lizzie Borden. Fall Riv forever.
- Still on the wrong psychic predictions beat. Still on it.
- What incarcerated bookworm will validate your erotic werewolf novel?